Dreaming about a new boat.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
My car will be paid off in October..... And I saw a Nitro 884 for sale the other day..... Although I am NOT ready to do anything quite yet..... It got me dreaming.....

Now, the perfect boat would be a Nitro 882DC/175 Opti..... But a new boat is a bit on the pricey side for me..... So seeing that 884 got me to thinking.....

Anyone know of any inherent difficulties with the 884?

What have your experiences been with them?

me!

.....inherent difficulties with the 884?

For me, paying for it.

;>)

Harpo

First thing I'd do is check your local Nitro dealers to see if they have any older stock like Pat Goff had. The prices might make it possible.

Remember, if you get a Nitro and don't like something about it, take the Nitro stickers off and replace with Ranger stickers and all will be fine :)

Just spent another couple of days around Corey's 882 w/115 and still think that boat is a great value... great boat, period. Try to find one of them and you won't be disappointed..

I can only HOPE that some great deal like that might be available when I'm ready to buy..... That time just isn't quite yet..... Especially if it were an 882 with a 150 or better.....

In the meantime..... Anyone have any info on the older 884?

Staci, are you saying you actually want someone to answer your question about the 884? Not likley.

;>)

Harpo

Wait, she posted a question AND wants an answer?!?

So, how about that All star game last night?

No answer to your 884 questions...

But, DIDN'T YOU LEARN ANYTHING at the RALLY!!! Tin is IN man!!! Save your $$, Gas on the boat and the Jeep and get a PC 175 with a 75 Merc. You'll have MORE safe space to walk as you get older, LESS maintenance, LESS gas use and catch MORE BIGGER FISH!!!!

Or do as Thad did and get the 185 with a 115 Merc, pick it up 2 years old and you're SET!! Heck you REALY want a tournament style boat even though you DON'T fish Ts, get the TV18 with a 150!!!

Any of the ALuminium boats and you'll be fishing the RIVER too!!

Trep

You don't give up, doya, King Tin!

Glass runs just fine in river water, too!

But..... We'll just have to wait until the time comes and see what I want/have to spend and what there is out there..........

Yea, Yea, you tell me "Glass runs just fine in river water, too!" when you're crying poverty after hitting a submurged rock and dolling out $3k for Fiberglass repair!!! LOL

LOL!! Considering Snowball's size..... You could smoke his but with Trepper's boat!

Unfortunately, Pat, you're thinking of the 896; it was the predecessor to the 898.

The 884 was a 18'4" boat very similar to the current 882.

Now, come October, if you've got any non-current 882DC's with a 150+..... :)

You're NOT LISTENING Staci, you want a TV18 with a 150!!!

We're going to get TrepMan a 225 Opti strapped to a garbage can lid. It might be hell to control, but it will really fly.

'Who needs them stinking Coast Guard Ratings!'

That will be his ultimate King Tin Rig!

Tex

I just found a 99 896 with a 200 EFI, that appears to be in good shape for 10k.

I should hopefully be ready to sell my 882/150 opti. by years end and it is immaculate and already has all the bells whistles you will need.

Mark

Please drop me a line when you're ready to sell, Mark. Or, I'll write you if I get to the buying stage before hand.

Patt - We lived in houston for a while, I REMEMBER that "Stack em deep and sell em cheap" from a car dealer, want to think it was Rhorman??? Bill Heard???

So how come the 882's are selling like hotcakes and there are so few 884's around?

Bryan that may be it, and I that's where my wife bought her first truck, a 92 Chevy S10 Extended cab!

Donnie -

If you see this before you get my e-mail, call me at work 800-325-9053 or home 618-288-5042.

Thanks!

me!

I got my 884 in the Summer of 97. She is a great ride with one hell of a hole shot. She can hit the 70 mark depending on where I am at and what load I have on her. She came with a 150 Merc. She has never blown a fuse. She starts on the first or second crank. Overall, She has been a great to me. Best of all though is that she is paid off. Just like anything else out there that is used, it will depend on how the owner has taken care of their equipment. Look for rust on the trailer. Look for bad tire wear as well. Hell, look at the Truck he is towing it with. Might give you an idea on how he takes care of things.

My .02

Max <><

Thanks, Max! Really appreciate the input!

Everyone -

Someone we here or someone we know has GOT to buy Donnie's boat. It is SWEET!!

I just can't make any kind of commitment right now..... The last few years, my life has just had too many downs..... I gotta get some stability into it before I do anything..... I hate being an adult.....

We'll see what October brings.....

"I hate being an adult"... Then follow my lead... Don't!

Trackersux -

I've had two Nitro's a new 1995 Nitro 180/115 Merc and a used 1996 Nitro 2000/200 Merc.

Both were exceptional boats. I never had a single problem with either that I didn't cause myself.

My next boat will most likely be a Tracker Marine product.

me!

Back