Deck Extension for 04' PT175

• Thread starter D A [URL]http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/15116578
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am looking for some ideas on this subject

With my new 929 weeks away I need to build an extension deck

Some of you already know that I

Some people have either made it themselves or had a aluminum one fabricated, but I am too cheap for that route. So i made mine for my PT185 out of 3/4" treated plywood which I cut it to fit slightly undersize. Next I cut out side supports out of 3/8" plywood. Since the 3/4" plywood will sit on the 3/8" wood they will be plenty strong especially since it will also be locked into position by the rod lockers consoul and front deck. In other words it shouldn't move. This also means the side supports can be cut away into an upside down U. By the time I got everything carpeted it doesn't weigh much more than the 3/4" piece odf plywood. Carpet it and slide it into place. I did not attach it to the boat in any way, just a thight fit. If I want I can take it out to dry the carpet if I get caught in the rain. It is plenty strong! If you would like pictures I can maybe figur out hoe to post some. You will love a deck extension, it dive more storage space and you arn't tripping over equipment. Pretty easy project

love to see pix. send pix to my mail address doccx2 at yahoo.com and i'll put them in a directory on my site..then link them back to here.

thanks

Doccerz

Back