Dale Hollow Rally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Anderson

Reaction score
If we do get a rally together, what area or town would we be near. I am browsing Dale Hollow and seeing some really cool places to stay...LA

Larry,

No decisions as yet, and I've been too tied up most of the week to do any follow up. Let me know if you (or anyone else), has any specific suggestions/recommendations.

Tex

Since TEE is one of the resident experts for Dale, let's ask him.....Taking into consideration the best fishing for the time of year we would be there....TEE, what would you suggest?

TOXIC

Celina's good(bait is readily availible)..There's a couple resorts right around Cedar Hill at the dam. I can really check whereever you guys want. When are we kinda' plannin' this...Spring(April-May)?

There's a helluva lodge right at the State Park near Troopers' Island. Really timeframe is all I need right now and possibly how many of us:) I'm ready to go NOW! LOL

Next week is looking gooooooooood:)

April is by far the best month to hang into the fish of a lifetime....Alot depends on weather but, you and I both know when planning for a group...it's do or die. And guys...trust me...if the weather looks at it's crappiest..it can be a boom day at Dale:)

I kinda assumed it would be spring.....April is a little earlier than I thought but I'm no dummy, you go to the lake when the lake tells you it's time!! And that changes all over the country. The earlier the better for our nothern brethern, it will probably fit Mac's schedule better if the water up north is still too cold to fish, his TX's won't be kicking in yet. I think the key is flexibility for lodging, some will want a soft bed and hot food, others will sleep in a tent and eat PB&J!! I can... and will.... do either to fish!!LOL!! Lodge next to a State Park with camping?? Is that possible? The lake will be wide open end to end, I just gotta buy the gas!!LOL!!!

TOXIC

Tee,

I'll attempt to link up with you soon (tourney this weekend), and maybe we can chat on the phone. I'll send you and email later today.

Tex

The State Park has a nice lodge, dock and a couple of gas station's along the road. It's cool to cold in the mornings and usually warms to mid 50's to 70 sometimes in April. Into May can still be good but, tactics change a little by then. I'm open also but, we still need an idea of how many and leave it up to them to make reservations(that way if you canx..your on your own). Dale never freezes and is why winter fishing can be great to excellent.

Unless you get front after front(and it does happen) it should be good. We've got time to knock it around a little and listen to suggestions..like you I'm open to just about anything as long as I have a place to lay my head at night and be on the lake at first crack:)

BTW...Camping may be a little cool down there at that time(not me;)

Here's what you can expect possibly...my dad with a couple of "fatties":)
Pic8.jpg

Great photo TEE!!.....man,..look at the gut on that fish on the left....looks like MINE!!!...ahahahhaha

Here's Kim with her first smally on my ol' 94'...she's been hooked just like me ever since:)
pic3.jpg

Back