Charger Radio Interference

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Feist

Reaction score
I work at a 9-1-1 Center and am a volunteer firefighter. So, I have to keep a pager on me most of the time and have a mobile radio in my truck and scanners in my house. When I plug in my factory installed battery charger in my PT175, I get terriffic radio interference. I first just thought that it was because of job related electronics were all plugged in to the house current. But, I now figure that it must be a problem with the charger because it even makes my radio mobile radio in my truck go haywire when the truck is parked in the street.

So, for those of you with knowledge of chargers, is my charger going bad? Any ideas? Should I make a trip to the dealer?

What kind of charger is it. I would call the MFG. And see what they think.

John

It may be a grounding issue. The first thing to try is disconnect everything from the battery/batteries except the charger and see if the interference stops. If you are using the hull for a ground path for any equipment, that could be a problem in that the whole hull becomes an antenna. A single point ground (batt neg) for everything is best. From your description of the problem this is only a guess but maybe a starting point.

Russ

Latest posts

Back