Cabin Fever....UGH!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Waitin' for more snow tonite so I guess I'll warm the mancave and play with some tackle.

Y'all chompin' at the bit too?

:(

Try having a fishable river, dock and no boat right outside your front door!!:lol: I knew I should have pulled my rig back down here:angry:

TOXIC

I guess I am just a little girl, lows at 20 and highs around 40 or so, I am waiting for warmer weather. I have been rearanging my tackle boxes, inside the house.

3 degrees outside with -20 wind chill. Still chasing roosters thru January. Alot of fishing catalogs are piling up but I wont start going thru tackle until February. Chris F.

I'm so bored I have sharpened my hooks so many times I need to change them nothin left. LOL We are getting 6" today I would say I need to go south for a while but I hear it's been in the 20's down there too! Poop come on spring I'm starting to feel like the inn keeper from the "Shinning"....::angry::lol: my wife and kids are running scarred..even the dogs won't play with me anymore....lol::lol:

Guess I'm going to walk on water and do some fishing this weekend if the wind is not too bad......:rolleyes:

Wind this norning is 25 mph out of the north and 3* with 5" of new snow..:wacko:

Rick

Tell me about It..I was at the golf course yesterday WISHING.:) Today It's snow again seems like we have had snow everyday..And COLD as a witches :)

JR

I dont have it yet but im sure i will. Since i have yet another round of ear surgery coming up in Feb ive been busy trying to get myself in the best shape possible so my recovery will be easier and its kept me from being bored. Once thats over im sure it will set in quickly.

I'm with Jimmy, i'm a skinny wimp! been not over 32 here for a week, and snow coming this afternoon, boat is warm in the garage!

I heard the ice fishing on Chenney lake is pretty good right now, I may have to venture down there and try my hand this weekend. Down side the high Saturday is 18; And I gotta find a buddy with a drill.

I don't sit around waiting for soft water fishing....it's just not going to happen for a few more months. We got 25" of snow this past weekend. I haven't seen the freaking sun since I don't know when. Glad the liquor store never runs out of the 1.75L bottles of Crown!!

Thinkin' about a lil' project...BlueWater LED's for my night time SM fishin':cool:

The kits are reasonable and look really cool and add safety.

Tee - What Dan did and i've got parts for, is I got 4 of the flip lights that are on our consoles, and mount them (2 in front 2 in back) to the side of the decks, so when we need a lighted deck in the early morning launches or late night fishing, works great on Dan's boat. I've got the 4 lights, just need to get the wire and then have Dan bring the manly tools over to cut more holes in my boat! LOL

The Bluewater LEDs look cool, just a little more pricey then the $15 ones I got from BPS.

JR - IS that for Cabin Fever or night time fishing, or both!!! LOL

Anytime fishing..Sure does cure the daily boredom..Can't say about the nights, Have not made it to see any lately...

I had cabin fever so bad last week I went to Bass Pro and spent $150 on fishing gear. Bought the new KVD elite tackle bag and double sided trays from XPS. I went thru the Yum clearance plastics and stocked up at $1.99 a bag. I was so excited about cramming more stuff than ever into my new tackle bag (being a co-angler is limiting). I was getting so pumped for my WBT tournament in March and WHAMMY, no more WBT.

I am now on the verge of total depression.....however, outside of fishing my life is on the up and up. Waiting to see what might happen in the near future. That's the only thing keeping me from the nut house!

Been playing alot of Strike King on the Wii too. Anyone else get that for Christmas. 16lb bass is my record so far.

I was going to get it but heard it got bad reviews, what do you think of it?

I asked and asked and no one got it for me, got Ferrari Challenge for the Wii and the kids got Rock Band II, i think they figured I already had 2 Wii fishing games (Rapala and Sega).

The fishing reel that comes with Strike King is worthless so don't bother paying for it. I use the control and the nunchuck. I'd rate the game as average. Fishing games usually suck. This one is ok, gets boring at times, until you hook a big one. Just like regular fishing. Ha! I don't have the other games so I have nothing to compare it too. It's ok to play now and then but doesn't really take the place of real fishing.

I also got Super Mario Bros and I am addicted.

I am still kicking myself for not coming last year. I think it was the day I lost my job so I was in a panic.

I have EVERY intention of making it this year so keep me posted.

Cabin fever hitting here also, so yesterday I stopped by the lake (1.5 miles from the house) just to see what it looks like. Had the camera with me and here's what I found. Kinda cold here in western KY. :blink:

LakePeeWee1.jpg

LakePeeWeedock4.jpg

This weekend, I could have done some ice fishing on our home lake near Tyler. Back in the shallower areas of our inlet, it was frozen over pretty well.

Tex

Latest posts

Back