BRRRRRRR!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
29f in southern NH,

the season is winding down way to fast!

on a brighter note, i am going to buy my new snowmobile today!

GregD

We hit the upper 30's in NJ last night by me. Going to winterize the boat today.

Greg I was just checking out a couple of the Winni webcams and the foilage looks nice up that way.

I went out on the St. Joe yesterday with temps in the mid 40's for my last run of the season. Any part that was exposed I thought was going to get frostbite! Fortunately I caught quite a few smallies with the biggest around 3! Seems they were near the rocks after the sun came out. Can't say I blamed them either. Just have to put the boat up now that Basketball is right around the corner!

Randy!

I was going to go one last trip but It's just top cold for these old bones..I am done for the year....Winterize the boat and motor home and I am in for the winter unless It warms up enough for a round of golf..HA:)

Nice in ATL. We went out and it was a bit cool (mid 50's).

Randy,

You dont fish all year long. I grew up in Niles and fished the St. Joe all year.

Dan

I am sooooo glad I moved away from cold weather!

Dan I grew up in Niles and don't fish the Joe in the winter. The iceburgs seem to dent the aluminum! I also get too tired making a hole in the ice big enought to hold the boat! LOL!

Randy!

not going to winterize yet, hopefully get at 2 more trips out.

Mike, the folage is great in the winne region right now. already past peak up north. we hiked Mnt Cardigan Sunday wich is just west of Newfound/ Winnisquam the views were pretty awsome.

Tried to upload a pic, can't get it to take?

GregD

I dont winterize my boat. just put stabil in the gas. i fish the susquehanna year round unless there is too much snow at the ramp or to much ice flowing on the river. nows the time to catch the big ones

Randy,

Well whats the adventure in that. We use to take a 12ft boat with 7hp up to

the Cook plant and push across the ice till open water, troll for lake trout at the plant discharge. You are correct about the dents. Had several ice chunks pop up from time to time. Also fished the St Joe River at Berrien Springs below the dam in chest weighters all winter for Steelhead. I none of those worked ice fished Diamond Lake for Perch, Stone lake for Bluegill.

Not alot to do in Niles in the winter time except for fishing and snowmobiling.

I was just up to Niles visiting my mom who still lives there.

Did you go to high school there. I'm class of 81 and my wife is class of 84.

Dan

Dan I graduated from Brandywine in 80 and my wife graduated in 83 from Niles. I bet your wife knows her and her mom that used to teach there for years. My wife's maiden name is Gina Gugliotta and her sister Laura also graduated in 84. Her mom taught English, French, sewing etc... Her brother Tony would have graduated with you if he hadn't moved to Brandywine to play basketball.

Randy!

Randy,

What a small world. My wife Karen (Presley) remembers your wife from school and I played basketball with Tony in JR High School. We lived in Niles for a few years, Galien and Buchanan for a few more. Moved to SC, then GA, then CA and now back in GA..

How cool is that we met on a Nitro site.

Dan

Dan, Gina remembers Karen too. Funny how small a world it is. If your ever in the area maybe we can get together.

Randy!

Randy,

It sure is. We will have to hook up some time and fish. I get up that way a few times a year. Same goes if your in the ATL area. I'm just north in Woodstock and minutes to a lake.

My email is: [email protected].

Dan

its cold in the d.....

and I have a tournament Sat and crappie fishing sunday!

gonna be cold here this weekend, low in the mid 40's high in the upper 50's, just DANG i need my thermals out!! LOL

gonna be cold here this weekend, low in the mid 40's high in the upper 50's, just DANG i need my thermals out!! LOL

Lol high 50's thats still shorts and tee shirt weather :lol:

I finally broke out my heated vest when it hit 31 degrees riding my motorcycle to work yesterday. A little snow and high winds in the morning made it a tad slippery. Makes fishing seem a little more tolerable as the days get colder here in MA.

Bill, the MadKayaker

It was near 30 here in Lansing this morning and is supposed to be a low of 27 tonight. I'm going out for crappie on monday and I'll fish at least till firearm deer season or till December if I don't end up hunting. I didn't put the boat away till the first week of Dec. last year. My last trip out I had to go through almost a half mile of 1/4 inch thick ice to get to open water. By the time I left the entire lake was open.

Gene

28 this morning and not alot higher now...Crazy weather here In central Indiana....They have started to draw down the lakes,Guess the fishing Is over for me this year..Hope everyone else does good this (winter ) Fall ...JR

90's in Orlando Thursday and now C-O-L-D and rainy 50's back home in Atlanta. I'm missing the sweat already!!

I haven't done a tourney in 8 or 9 years. LOL I should get back into it though. I had fun doing them. Maybe if someone needs a towel boy I'll jump in. ;)

It's 32 degrees outside right now, I'm sure it's warmed up a few degrees since the sun came up too. Time to get out the hunting suit to go crappie hunting tomorrow. :wub:

Gene

Latest posts

Back