BPS Gurnee,IL STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul W

Reaction score
Posted a message 2 weeks back about problems I have had with my 2001 Pro Deep V 16 SC with a 75 2 stroke after BPS Gurnee,IL did the winterizing last fall. Boat never ran right first time out after winterizing from them. Well it ended up not being as costly as first thought by another boat dealer. The original quote was complete rebuild of the carbs at a cost of $650. Well after getting into the repair work he said every thing looked brand new and instead just need a real good cleaning. There was WAY TOO MUCH fogging oil used and the carbs were all gummed up to a point that the floats and needle valves were sticking,also he said the top carb wasn't working at all it was so gummed up. He also drained the gas tank and said it didn't even smell like gas,but smelled like alcohol,he thinks too much Satbil was used. After all is said and done the total bill was $368 and have had the boat out twice since and it runs GREAT!!!!!!!! Going out again tomorrow just to be sure before I head to Rainy on the 19TH. Have sent a letter to corporate and still waiting to hear from them. I feel I got screwed by BPS Gurnee,IL with there service and would not take my lawn mower to them to get it fixed!!!!!!! Obviously they don't know what they are doing!! Great boat but the service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulldawg

P.S. They (BPS) recommend using Stabil all year round anyone ever heard of that???? The other boat dealer said use nothing but a good grade of gas and oil and I will have no problems. Also this place is $10 cheaper on winterizing and only a half hour drive. You know where I will be going this fall!

Wow, Buldawg, thanks for the info, I haven't looked into where it'll be winterized this year as it's our first year with the boat, could you let me know where this "other" guy is? he sounds like he's pretty concientous about his work. I can't say anything bad about BPS Gurnee, but then I haven't had an issue(warranty,storage,repair,etc.) to deal with them on yet, glad to hear you're up and running, egMike

Glad you got your motor running right. I don't use fuel stabilizer during the boating season. I buy my gas from one major gas station where I live (87 octane). My Merc 150hp XR6 likes to drink gas, so it doesn't sit in the tank very long. I would stick with the other boat dealer.

Bob G.

Actually, Mercury is recomending to run stabilizer year round, especially if you don't run your tank empty often. Because of all the stuff oil companies are forced to add to gas (by the feds), today's fuels have a "shelf life" of about 30 days. No big deal in your car, but if you're like most guys, and don't get to use the boat as much as you like, there is a chance the gas sitting in the tank can turn on you. Just follow the directions to the letter.

Craig

I was told by my Tracker dealer last year to run stabilizer in the fuel all year round for the same reason Craig said.

Bear

Back