Bow Electronics

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookmatt11

Reaction score
I have a 93 Tracker Tournament TX 17 and want to add a fish finder up front. How difficult is it to run the wiring for someone with little experience?
Also, any recommendations on a reasonable unit? I have a Hook 5 at the console.

Thanks!

The boat wiring very inadequate for any sophisticated electronics. Running wires from the stern to the bow is VERY difficult. You may be better off putting a 50A LiFePO4 battery in a storage hatch up front and connecting the bow unit to that.
You should decide that sonar technology/s you want first and then what unit fits your budget. I use a 55AH LiFePO4 battery in the middle rod box for bow electronics when I fish electric-only waters. My other electronics power source for the bow is the original 8 gauge for the bow trolling motor, I had 6 gauge installed before I picked up the boat, I think they had to remove the front deck to run the 6 gauge. I have a 2009 PT 170 TX.

Trying to recall, there is an U-tube video out there where a private Dealer added a "Lively" system to a Z17 Nitro.
They put a set of Lithium batteries in the RH front compartment and wired it to the Bow. (Break).

Found it! "Tricked Tins" "2022 Nitro C-17. Mods and Walk-Through "Top Drop Style"
Note the "C-17" is correct for this Video. Their error. Found the film very helpful.
Under Search, just look for "Nitro C-17 Modification." Will be about the first-up.

Back