Boat Maintenance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger 519

Reaction score
How do you guys maintain your boat (glass hull and carpet)? Most of the guys I fish with also have glass boats and I

Wiping it down with wet rags is a good start to keeping the scum marks off. The scum hasn't dried when first pulled out, so it's easier to get it off right away.

Carpet - I usually vaccum every / every other outing, depends if it's a tournament or just pleasure fishing. Once a month I "steam clean" it with a Hoover steam vac. Others use a power washer to get the dirt out. I'm thinking of trying that after my final tournament to see how it works.

I taught a car detailing class at my High School for a few years. During this time I found a glass cleaning product you can buy at auto detailing shops or most autoglass shops. It's a white foam that comes in a spraycan that smells like lemons and I wipe down my Nitro with it after pulling it out of the lake. It's great. You just spray it on, it foams up and you wipe it off with a soft rag.

fatrap

I wipe mine down after every trip out. I keep some towels in the trick and so it before i leave for the day. When i wipe it down i spray it with some spray detailer, it really helps take the scumline off. I try to wax mine monthly, i was using a marine wax and it worked good but last time i ran out of wax and used some good old mothers california gold hard paste wax on it. i like the mothers much better then the other stuff i was useing, it seems to last longer and the color on the boat looks much deeper and nicer. Next time i wax it i plan to use the mothers again. I also vac mine out every couple of trips to keep the pebbles down. Lasy year i steamcleaned my carpet and i was amazed how much dirt came up. i plan to do it again this year.

Latest posts

Back