Re carpet issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maibros14

Reaction score
Hello, I am recarpeting my 2001 Nitro 901 CDX. I have removed all the carpet but there are a bunch of stainless steel screws attached to the deck under the carpet. Removing these screws is my question, are they there just to hold the carpet down when the boat was built, or are they used to hold the deck onto the hull. I hope I explained that OK. Thanks for your help,

I do believe they are there to hold the carpet down as well as the glue. there's nothing to keep the edges from working up in the wind while traveling.

I recarpeted 2001 929cdx last year. i didnt have any screws like you mentioned
i would not remove. They may be holding a support bracket under deck as reinforcement. If they were visible above carpet, most likley the prevoius boat owner used them to hold carpet down. Was that area of carpet loose when you pulled up?

I may have misunderstood you. If you need to keep edges down, there are numerous rubber/plastic trim option that are sold by the foot. Make sure it has peel and stick. In the corners, i used black aluminum rivets to keep
it connected to boat fiberglass. If u need pictures, just let me know and i will take a few.

I believe the screws are there to hold the carpet in place while the glue was curing. I got all the carpet off and left the screws in place. Should be OK. Thank you for your helpful responses

too small to be structural support IMO
Might be there to help high wind areas from flapping in the wind

Latest posts

Back