Boat Insurance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if getting boat insurance is worth it? and what should I expect to pay for a year. I finally got PT165 with a 25HP power tilt and trim.

X

Yes it's worth it....certain policies will cover lower unit damage and just about anything else. And as far as cost....boat insurance is relatively cheap:D

Yes totally worth it. Remember you are liable for ANY damage that your wake causes and you need to pretect yourself.

I also have a 165 and I'm with Naionwide ( I also have car and home with them and get multi discount) and have replacement value with $2000 in fishing eq. I pay just under $200 a year in NC

I just got a million dollar umbrella in addition to my regular insurance. Covers all of my policies above the required limits. I am a believer in insurance. I am getting closer to retirement and I have a lot of $$ tied up in trucks, boat and equity in the house. Only takes one good "slip & fall" by someone and it could wipe you out.

TOXIC

They priced me out for $342 for trailer(250 deductible) and boat(1% Deductible) and coverage for 300000 in damages and personal liabilities. I think it a little high but again I do live in mass, what do u think?

Thanks

X

X, i think that is a bit high. I just got a similar policy for $375 for my 882 and i also live in Mass. I know boating exp and courses play a role. i have over 20 years boating exp and have taken coast guard boating and navigation coruses but..... i still think 342 is high for a 165 with a 25 hp motor. I would keep shopping.

It's TOO high!! I paid $400 for my 2005 Z20 with a 225Hpdi......and that's with a $250 ded. on the boat,...$100 on the motor and $0 on the Trailer. (AutoOwner's Ins. Co.)

Mac

I agree with Mac & Jim, thats was to high. My Targa with a 60hp was $72 and my Pontoon boat is $69. My Ranger with a 150Opti is $375, replacement value for the boat, motor and $3K of personal property. Liberty Mutual is who I am with.

The umbrella policy is a very inexpensive policy for the amount of coverage you are getting. I have carried one for the last 12 years and this year increased mine to 2 million for only $100 more a year. Sadly, in this litigious day and time we all live in it only takes one incident to put you in the poor house for the rest of your life.

Take your time and shop the coverage it will be well worth it.

Mine is the same deal as Cass full replacement etc. The only problem with liberty mutial is if you dont insure your home with them they wont do the boat. I checked with them and they dont do stand alone boat policies :(. I had them in the past for my car and i thought they were pretty good. I shopped around and a place my agent found had the best deal. On par with anglers advantage but better coverage and much better then boat us. The company name is american reliable insurance. My agent says they have been good in the past at claims and such. You will find that because we live in mass that insurance always costs more here then most other parts of the country.

So true about mass, I just called my agent she stated because I am not over the 5 year mark on boating experience and I am do not have coast guard certificate (taking it this fall) that's why mine is so high, she stated it could be reduced by 20% next year. My policy is a stand-alone policy I do insure my house and car from the company. I do have another INS Company quoting me I love to see what they give me for a quote.

Thanks

X

Back