Battery Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rus stevens

Reaction score
Back in the fall I started having trouble cranking my boat. When I would go to crank it I noticed that it wasnt turning over very well. The first few cranks were strong but then they would get weaker. I thought maybe my cranking battery was going dead. About a month later I launched my boat and it wouldnt turn over at all. I jumped it and rode around for awhile at full throttle so the it would charge back up and this worked just enough so I could get it started, but it still was turning over slow. My voltage meter reads 12volts when the engine is off. When I put the battery on a charger it also showed it had a full charge or at least a good charge. Could I have a bad battery or a short of some kind? I purchased the boat new only six months ago.

Russ -

Your battery can still put out full voltage even when cells are weak; which certainly sounds like what is happening in your case.

Replace the battery. It's a cheap cure and cheaper peace of mind!

me!

i agree,also most charging systems in your vehicles are designed to mantain your batt. to depend on it could cause you trouble out on the water. thanks stan.

Back