Anybody deepfryin' the bird ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Just like an idea what you guys use for injecting?

I like lemon pepper and creole butter....

any others ?

i am going with a chinese teryaki marinade, the local butcher said it is the only thing he uses on his turkey

GregD

My wife likes to stuff the bird with chopped up onions, bellpeppers, bananna peppers, garlic and season with black pepper, salt and red pepper. The inside stays juicy and the stuffing is good by itself. Along with some dity rice, candied yams and home made macroni & cheese, talk about some good Cajun cooking. AAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Barry from La.:D

We're doin' it again. We've had good luck "brining" the bird the night before and then rubbing with seasoned salt and pepper.

I would be, but we got invited to my mom and dads. Dry old oven bird for me. :angry: I like the creole butter. I used a little last night to marinade some venison steaks. :wub:

Gene

i am frying up 5 birds this t day, 2 for us (11people) my father inlaw once one to take home, and my parents waqnt one and so does my uncle. lots of cookin for me.

i like creole seasoning on mine, but we are going to experiment on the others.

mike c

Im not doing one this year :( but i have in the past. I use a rub and injection liquid recipie from my smoker book. Its from a beercan chicken recipie and its great on turkey, both smoked and fried. Its a got a good spice kick to it.

The rub( this is more then you will need but it stores well and is great on ribs, brisket, chicken, etc)

Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub:

3/4 cup paprika

1/4 cup ground black pepper

1/4 cup salt

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons chili powder

2 tablespoons garlic powder

2 tablespoons onion powder

2 teaspoons cayenne

The injection liquid(you may need more then one of these since its designed for 2-3# chickens)

Injection Liquid:

12 ounces beer(use a good beer not something cheap like Bud,Bud will give it the skunky bud aftertaste. I go for a darker beer like a guiness but thats my taste)

1/4 cup oil, preferably canola or corn

1/4 cup cider or white vinegar

2 teaspoons Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub

One thing with this is make sure your black pepper is finely ground or it will clog up the injector

I wanted to do one but the wife is a staunch traditionalist. Saving grace is that her oven birds are delicious. No dry white meat. The holidy to decend on my crib is X-mas. Standing rib-roast, Yorkshire Pudding....oh man, food coma time.

TOXIC

Rib roast? Yorkshire pud??? When should the gang be over?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Them 'at eats t'most pudding gets t'most meat".......Ye old saying that is NOT related to the end of a Pink Floyd song!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

I normally use Tony Chachere's "Creole Butter and Jalapeno" injectable marinade, and rub the outside with Tony Chachere's "More Spice" seasoning.

I recently got into a heated discussion with someone regarding the difference in deep frying in Peanut Oil v/s a regular Vegetable Oil. I think the Peanut Oil makes all the difference in the world, and works a lot better. He claims he can't tell the difference.... but then again, he's never had one of my turkeys, and after that "discussion"... probably never will. :lol:

Y'all be careful frying them birds, will ya?! Wish I was frying one this year, but as the family is in TX, it would be a waste.

All the best,

Glenn

glenn,

you can always get a small breast and fry it up, just about perfect for sandwiches.

mike c

p.s. how everyone has a safe t day, and hope to see everyone at the get togther

Gene,...you just gave me a helluva idea!!! Thanks Chef!!! Give Peggy a great big 'ol Thnxgvg Hug from me too..........sure would like to hook up with you two sometime...I haven't seen her since 1980 or so at a HS reunion!!:blink: Thanks for sending the pix's!

EVERYBODY have a GREAT THNXGVG!!;):p:)

Mac

Some good recipes guys.

I like to change up recipes but, since most of my family(not me) doesn't really like spicy....I'll go with the traditional lemon pepper just to flavor it a lil'.

I don't do too much to the outside cause it burns off in the oil anyway and makes more residue.

I'll filter that oil out and reuse it for fish frys;)

HAPPY TURKEY DAY GUYS AND GALS!

I agree the peanut oil is important, but since my son's allergic to nuts, that's out. We've used vegetable oil with pretty good results. This year, we're going to try cottonseed oil. Everyone frying (or otherwise), be safe tomorrow!!

I'll give you another one from my kitchen. :D Fry up some bacon until it's about 2/3 done the way you like it. Pour in some REAL maple syrup and finish frying. The syrup will glaze the bacon and put your tastebuds in heaven. :wub: It cleans up easy too, I set the pan in the sink after I pour out the grease and fill it w/hot water and dishsoap. After breakfast is over it's a snap to clean.

Gene

Latest posts

Back