Another fish story

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
The wife and I flew down to South Carolina to surf fish over the 4th of July weekend. I annually spend a week down there fishing for sharks. No fish in my opinion fights like a shark (but I haven't caught every kind...yet). At 5:45 am Thursday morning the sun was not up yet. I baited a line with some squid and cast it out. I was baiting my second line and not paying attention to the first when my wife ran over to the pole I just cast out. The pole was heading for the ocean so she grabbed it and set the hook. She had a fight on her hands for the next 20 minutes. When the fight was over she landed an angry 4' Hammerhead shark. Naturally, it turned out to be the biggest of this trip. All of my sharks were dinks. She also caught the most fish this trip. She reminded me where the talent was in this family. I would upload a picture but I'm not sure how it's done. Anyway, hope all of you had a safe 4th and spent time with loved ones and also caught fish.

Bear

That's a GREAT story Bear,....tell your wife she's my newest Hero!!! LOL.......Nothing like a women who's not affraid to kick a Shark's arss,..........she's GOTTA be the whoop!!! Glad you had a safe and happy 4th!

Mac

Just about the time that we think we are 'safe' in something we do, our wives manage to come along and put us right back in our place. Congratulations to Mama Bear and her hammerhead.

Where about's in our fair state were you at, Bear?

Tex,

I was fishing near the breach between Isle of Palms and Sullivan Island. We love it there.

PS. Momma Bear wanted me to mention that all the fish were released alive and fit for another day.

WHAT? No shark steaks for the group? LOL, Tell her "great job" for us Bear.

Back