2003 Targa Aerated Baitwell ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
I have a Question about my 2003 Targa Aerated Baitwell.

Is there a over flow tube like the livewells used-- in the Aerated Baitwell? There is room for one. Infact the livewell overflows do fit but alittle long.

Thanks, Rick

PS: If there is a overflow tube for the Baitwell, what is the Part number?

Rick,

Is there a drain hole in the bottom of the baitwells? If so, then you're probably missing the drain tubes. The baitwells in my 2002 Targa 17, have the removable drain tubes that act as an overflow. My livewells have a drainhole in the side that act as the overflow. I would call Sportsmans and check on the 2003s. How's the new boat doing?

Glen,

Thanks -- I talked to someone over at Sportmans today "They did not think there was room for a tube ". I checked it out tonight -- There is enough room -- I'll stop in and talk to them--Looks like,on the 2003 Targas, both the livewells and baitwells use a overflow tube, when you remove these tubes, you drain the wells. Also new on the 2003s, there is a way of "pumping" out the livewells. Not sure how yet.

Love the Boat -- I need lots more seat time -- Heck gas guage is still almost on full -- been out 6-7 times -- the 115 hp 4 stroke is great on gas. May need to look at the prop and motor height as I can only get about 5000 rpm at WOT.

Going to try Melvern Lake Sat. -- Went there with a friend 10 years ago.

What motor and prop do you have on your Targa?

Thanks Glen, Rick

My 2003 Pro Deep V 17 has a tube in the bait well. This tube is the only overflow I have for the baitwell. The live well dosen't need a tube, it over flows out the side of the boat.

Ditto on loving the boat. My 90 hp 2 stroke turns to 5400 at 38 mph (GPS) with 4 people in the boat. Even the 2 stroke dosen't use much gas.

My 2003 18 walk thru, Has over flow tubes in baitwells, Love the boat, No complaints.Does 38 mph 2 people full live wells , all equipmentin boat. 90 hp 2 stroke.

Stopped my Sportmans and picked up a drain tube. They only had 1 and had to order another. One of the Techs. said to cut the tube at angle--it will drain better and eleminate the air bubble on top.

Talked to my salesman--told Denis I was getting 5000 rpm at WOT-- Denis mentioned we may need to do some prop swapping.

Asked about "motor height"? Dense said raising the motor may not help as much on the deep V of the Targa as other boats that don't have so much boat in the water.

Glenn - as far as props go -- I'm also new -- others on this board are a great sourse on knowage.

Thanks and good luck,Rick

Latest posts

Back