1st bass of the year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Cozadd

Reaction score
I know you southern folks been at it for a while but things are just getting going here in mid Illinois.

Water was 43.4 - 48.0

I slow rolled a spinner bait threw a completely submerged tree in 10 ft of water and then there was a very light thud. Thought I snagged up until the line started going in different directions. Turned out to be a nice 3lb'er.

That's an awful good feeling after so many months off. My last bass was in Sept and it feels good to be back.

Jeff

Way to go Jeff! I hope to get my first bass this week...if this rain would ever stop.

I was fishing Argyle Lake a small local lake, 90 acers, about 10 minutes from my house.

I just don't know how you guys stand it. I can't make it a week without bass fishing. My wife and I were just talking last night about me being addicted. I took off 2 days last week and we rented a house on Lake LBJ. I took the opportunity to pre-fish 4 days for BassChamps Tournament on LBJ this coming weekend. Yesterday (Monday) after work I am chomping at the bit running around getting my stuff ready for Saturday. Tournament fishing is a sickness!

Back