Ya Ever Wonder.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
why is all of this fishing stuff loaded with sexual innuendo? I mean think about it...

The main piece of equipment is a ROD.

Spinnerbaits have SKIRTS (also skirted grubs).

We use ATTRACTANT called BANG, SMELLY JELLY and STICKEY LIQUID. ewwwww BTW...

We use a LINE to PICKUP fish.

We troll.

We look at BOTTOM features.

I wont even go into PLASTICS (good action, flexible,etc).

I've seen articles on how to tune your CRANKbaits, also known as HARDbaits.

And finally, we are all trying to GET BIT (fisherman are also kinky!!)

There's got to be more......I just felt like Andy Rooney this morning.

TOXIC

OMG!!! Forgot all about TUBE bait......Classic. I mean the saying that "Sex Sells" is oh so true but the fishing industry never really exploited it like say the auto industry eh Mac?!?! Only a couple of shows with women fisherpeople (gotta be PC) and they are a joke. Especially with fishing, up until recently, being very male dominated. No disrespect to the female pro's and those that just love to fish. Look at NASCAR, totally male dominated, very few women drivers, but who's waitin at the winners circle to give you the trophy and a big smooch?? It ain't your wife!!

TOXIC

lol....no doubt......i always laugh at the double standards that seem so evident in the auto industry,...especially in advertising...seems they'll put anything in an ad to sell a vehicle,...but say anything at all in the workplace that can be even remotley misconstrued and we're liable to end up in personnel or fired for sexual harrassment!! lol...can't even say "Good morning" anymore,...someone's liable to say,..."Who you callin GOOOD???...whatchu mean by DAT?!"......ahahhahahah....it's a joke..

If Tox's theory is correct, what's the story with ya'lls infatuation with smallmouth?? Why does Texas strive to breed such huge largemouth??

Is EVERYTHING really bigger in Texas??

PC run amuck I tell ya. I'm reading a great book right now by Dr James Dobson, host of the radio show "Focus on the family" and speaker. It's called "Bringing up Boys". It's a parent's aid to raising boys and the reasons for their behavior vs MUCH easier to raise girls! But he brings up some very good points that impact boys development into men. He says that men today are scared to even say "hi" for fear of sexual harrassment cases. There is a lot more with regards to media and feminism etc, I highly recommend the book to ALL parents. But the PC movement is out of hand. Men have been fired because a woman claimed sexual harrassment, only to later find out she did it out of spite because he rejected her. If a man claims to be harrassed everyone just shrugs it off. What a joke. Fishing is our last domain to be real, and not get caught up in the hype. How long though before we can't say "skirt". It's silicone.....oops can't say that either. OK, synthetic SB trailer material. Rods will become reel mounting....nope can't say mounting. Reel holding devices. Maybe fishing fighting device? LOL But as for me, I will always claim, you can never have too much rod! LOL

Good one Rob, I agree but get one of these pc women out on your boat and what do you do?? I gotta think every sentence through three times before I open my mouth!! I get ALOT of those since I get people from DC and the surrounding burbs. I will disagree on one thing though, If Dobson thinks it's easier to raise a girl, I got one I'll ship him for a few weeks....my daughter... she could be the subject of another book herself!! My son was cake (he's 20)..my daughter is off the scale (at 5 yrs old!!!).

TOXIC

My Dad always said it is easier to raise boys because

"When you have a son, you only have to worry about one d%$^, When you have a daughter you have to worry about a hundred!"

Latest posts

Back