XPS battery charger from Bass Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Muniz

Reaction score
Just got a sale circular from Bass Pro yesterday and the XPS 3 bank battery charger is on sale for $89.99. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of charger.

It looks like it has 3 banks @ 5amp each but the charger will switch some of the amps to the battery(s) that need more of a charge than another that might need less. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles like other brands. Reverse polarity protection, fused leads, waterproof, shockproof, etc. It's made by promariner and comes with a 2 yr. warrenty.

I was looking to buy a Guest because of all the complimentary posts about Sue D. and Guest's customer service. This unit is a good deal less expensive and I don't know if I can pass it up.

What are your thoughts guys? Is this a good unit?

Dave

Go with the Guest,...5amps per battery isn't enough...you need 15amps preferably but 10amps will be okay....5 is just too small..it'll take a looong time to recharge your batt's if you drain them down all the way!!...Sue is awesome anyway,...if you ever have a problem with that Guest....you'll be taken care of,...i'm NOT saying BPS won't do the same,..they will...however Sue has proven time and again that there's a reason she ROCKS!!!...she PROVES it! LOL....treat yourself to the best,..buy Guest!!!

Mac

Just for a comparison:

Guest 2613 which is 5/5/3 amp rating for 2 trolling batteries and a cranking battery is $169.99 at BPS.

a 2623 with 10/10/3 amp output is $259.99

We're talking $70 and $180 difference respectively.

This amout of money is significant to me. It's the difference between getting an onboard charge or not (this year).

Does anyone have any practicale experience with Promariner?

Is this a good product.

Seems to me that if BPS has it's name on it they will stand behind it.

BTW I am primarily a weekend angler so a 5 amp unit will probably work out ok for me.

Dave

Then I'd go with the BPS...they WILL stand behind their products,..that's not an issue. I wasn't aware that you don't use your boat that much so if that's the case,..then the 5amp should be fine.....do what fits your budget,...afterall..my JOB is to help you spend YOUR money!! LOL!!...The XPS will suit your needs just fine!

Mac

While I would always tell you to buy a Guest Charger, first; if the features of the BPS fit your needs, I say some kind of "on board" charger is bgetter than none. When your budget permits, if you need or want to upgrade, buy the Guest.

Dave -

My charger is 5 amps for each of the three banks and it is more than adequate to recharge my batteries overnight.

Of course, it is a GUEST and its 15 amps may be better amps than those put out by other brands..... :^)

me!

Good one Scott! LOL

Ordered myself the XPS but there backordered 30 days, Dern!

I hope it doesn't leak a few amps while they get some in.

Maybe they are collecting the strays over at Guest.

Dave

Dave -

You know how if young animals are raised by a different speices they think and act like that other speices.....

Post your address or e-mail it to me and we'll get Sue to send you a Guest hat - that way your XPS will THINK it's a Guest and may perform like one!

me!

I'd rather she sent me a charger at the same price as the XPS.

<shameless begging> (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)

Dave

Won't happen....that's like asking the Lexus dealer to price match a Hyundi. LOL Maybe she will send you a sticker to put on the charger.

TOXIC

Well....atleast a "Size Matters" hat will prove you have a sense of humor!!...LOL

Dave,

Wish I could. But I did hear that there is a Guest charger up for grabs at the Rally for some lucky angler. And don't forget tackle donations for the Sheriff's Ranch!

Have a great day!

Sue D.

John Foster already took care of that!

He signed my Nitro hat "Size Really Does Matter! John Foster"

(me on the left, John on the right!)
twins(1).jpg

Sue D.

Didn't really expect that you could, and that's OK.

Nice to hear from you though.

XPS is backordered so who knows maybe there will be a Guest in my future. We will see.

In the meantime I will remain "open to the possibilities".

Have a great day!

Dave

Careful, Mac..... John gets REAL ANGRY when people insult his intelligence!

Latest posts

Back