WORK IS AWESOME!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I had my first orientation class tonight at Bass Pro. I go back tomorrow and Thursday for more training....it is awesome!!!!

I "real" work next Thursday!!! I cant wait!!!!

BJ

They musta told you about the employee discounts last night, huh? :lol::lol::lol:

You keep up that attitude, BJ! That'll eventually get you to a top position with BPS!! That combined with the talents we all know you've got!

God Bless!

me!

Way to go BJ. I'm sure you didn't need much orientation at Bass Pro, don't you already know where everything is already??;) I'll have to be sure to get in there to see you.

Andy is really enjoying his new job. He was running the forklift until someone realized he wasn't 16 and didn't even have a drivers license yet.:wacko:

Harpo

That's great BJ. Welcome to the family! And remember, "We all live downstream" LOL!!!

Craig

I agree with Tex,...gotta love youthful exhuberance. :wub:

BTW BJ,...After you work every weekend and holiday, please remind us again!!:p

Enjoy yourself! You'll be surrounded by people who are a lot like you. It's been the best 10 yrs. I've spent with a company. Have a great time!!

I hope you keep that positive attitude!

I worked retail for about 10 years and I am positive I never want to do it again!! LOL!!

Good luck!

Rich D

That's the spirit BJ. Time will harden you somewhat but that's normal. For now enjoy the new lifestyle and make yourself proud.

Da Bear

...and buy TONS of reduced price goodies....you'll use 'em someday!

az

[ re: WORK IS AWESOME!! by Major Mark,6/29/2005 12:22 ET

I think I'd actually pay them to work there part time...LOL!

/quote]

If you ask my wife, sometimes I pay them to work FULL TIME!!! Gotta love that employee discount.

Craig

Congrats on the new job! I would be spending my paycheck faster that I would be making it!;)

I've already gone through the catalog looking at some cool stuff i need to buy!!!!!

One draw back is i'm scheduled to work a week from saturday, i have a tourny that day. I have to be in at work at 2. I'm still going to the tourny but i'll leave at 11 so i can be home and take a quick shower and get to work.

I have goals for myself in this job....Customer first...ALWAYS...

BJ

Do you get discounts for your long lost brother Steve here in Pa. ???

Congrats,I don't see how anybody could NOT like working at BPS..

Steve (10% discount) Laster:D

Sorry steve......lol

they told us a story last night during orientation that a girl was fired because her dad gave her money to buy him a gun safe, she went in and bought it with her discount......

BJ

Customer first...ALWAYS

You keep that attitude, BJ! Always!

You put meeting your Customer's needs first and they will return to you again and again and again. You may not make as much on the first sale as you would if you put your pocket first - but you will make much more over the long haul from repeat business!

I'll pass on something my father told me many years ago.....

Peoples' expectations aren't really all that great; they just want satisfaction. It takes just a bit of effort to meet those expectations..... And just a tiny bit more to exceed them!

And a bit more from me..... When I write or type the word, I always capitolize "Customer"!

Good luck, BJ!

And God Bless!

me!

I have to say I give you guys that work retail credit.....because I don't care how nice you are to the customer there are times when the customers are just down right a$$'s..... If I had to serve the public I would probably have killed somebody by now. Yes probably 85-90% of your customer base will be good folks....but its the 10% that make life in retail hard. I don't understand why some people feel the need to belittle sales people and treat them like crap because they aren't able to get there way. Ot they are still pissed off from the last time they where in the store and had a bad experence. I am a firm beliver of treat people the way you want people to treat you. So congrats BJ and keep your head there will be days that will make you hate working there, but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. I found a happy meduim...I made the wife get a part time job at BPS.....she gets to deal with the people and I get the discounts pretty even trade off if you ask me....lol.....

So good luck BJ.....and most of all just have fun....

Back