Winnisquam Update - Thank you to Paul, Greg and Jim

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
Greg, Paul and Jim -

I want to say "Thank you" for your suggestions last week on Winnisqaum; i.e. hot spots...I got out there Saturday around 8:00 with my wife and we hit for 13 Smallies, me 9, my wife 4....All ranged over 2 1/2 pounds, most 3+. We started the morning by trying the beds along the shoreline to the right of the channel coming out of the old Martells. All the beds were bare and the water temp was 62 degrees. I then went north up behind the the 3 islands where the water temp was right around 59 degrees and the beds still had the females on them....It took some time getting them angry to hit but it paid off.... I found the 6" lizards and 10" Ribbon tail worms worked best to get them angry and hit....

Thanks again for the tips....it made for a great morning of fishing. The down side, I forgot the camera....

Dan

Dan,

Sounds like you had a great day. Were you in a grey avalanche? If you were i think i saw you and your wife on the north end of the three islands. I was in a green and white Z7. I fished those islands all morning and my buddy and i really crushed them.

I ran into Greg late in the morning as well so i know he was out there also.

Hi Jim

Yes, that was me....I thought I had recognized you from previous messages...I was actually getting ready to troll over to say Hi and introduce myself, when my wife told me she got hung up on a rock, when I finally got her free you had just started your engine to move to another location.

When did you get the Z7....Very nice looking rig. How do you like it?

Dan,

I got the z7 in April, I ordered it back in Jan. So far i couldnt be more pleased with it. The 882 i had before was a great boat, so far this one is even better.

I managed to get up there on Sunday for a spur of the moment decision to fish with a friend and his kids. There were still some smallies out there and fun was had by all even though it was pretty hot. I went into the largemouth cove but didn't have more than 15 minutes before we had to go - I was surprised that I didn't get any bites. All-in-all, it was a good time and I will probably head up there again this weekend if the weather holds up to spend more time looking for those largemouth in the early morning and then hitting the smallmouth spot. If not there, maybe Knopps Pond in Groton, MA. Jim B. - at some point, I'm hoping to see your new boat! Have you fished Bare Hill before? Maybe we can meet there during the summer or at Bow Lake to see GregD. Although there is a fee to fish at Bare Hill, it's pretty good for largemouth.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Hey Guys,

Dan, glad to here you made out well on Winnisquam. I did get out on Saturday as well. i took the wife out for the third time in five yrs, she did manage about 7 smallies. she was so proud of herself. She said that she might even come out again this summer.what have i done!?

Like jim said, i ran into him at 3 Islands and for the record, his new rig looked pretty awsome! loved the green and that 175pro looked great. good luck with it Jim.

Bill,

they are knocking down the cotage at Bow this coming week, so i will be open to fish pretty much anywere this summer. I keep hearing how great Bear Hill is. let me know what and where you plan on going.

DanL, the fishing was good. but not as good as it was when you were here!

GregD

Latest posts

Back