Jim B, Greg D - Lake Winnisquam Rally?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
Hello - just checking to see if Jim B or Greg D have been fishing in NH yet. I am getting set for the annual Lake Winnisquam run and know they have the new state ramp in place vs Martel's.

I've been doing alot of fishing for smallmouth in NY and it's been real good.

Any update on Lake Winnisquam would be appreciated. Also, let's meet up there next month! I am planning on taking a week off to fish there.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Bill,

I was at Winnisquam today( just gor off the water) and i did indeed run into Greg.

The fishing was great, the are doing thier normal thing for this time of year. I plan to be there tomorrow as well as well as possible next weekend and on the 6th.

The new state ramp is in. Its a really nice facility, NH did a great job. If you come up to get to the new ramp is easy. just take the left right after the one you would take to get ot martels, then take a left onto water st and the ramp is on the left.

Bill, Glad to here the fishing's well up your way. Unfortunately I won't be up there till around June 4th-7th.

If Jim and Greg are getting them now I hope they are still on then and its not too late.

Jim, is the new ramp better then at Martells and do they have a fee, or open and close time?

Mike - I happened to catch Jim B's email late this morning and decided to go up there today. I got there a little before 12pm and left at 5:30pm.

The state ramp is a dual ramp and one of the better ones in the state with plenty of parking for at least 15 vehicles and trailers. It isn't very well marked and if it wasn't for Jim B's direction to take the street after Martel's, I would have missed it completely.

Maybe it's my imagination but there didn't seem to be as many beds as in previous years - at least where I was fishing. I did manage to catch my full share for the summer kickoff (about 25) and they all were pretty hefty smallmouths in the 2-3lb range.

Plenty of NH State Troopers on 93N and they were pulling them over in groups of 6-7 cars at a time right after Manchester where it drops from 65mph to 55mph on the downhill - go figure.

I will go out a few more times this week (this is like xmas and happens once a year so I just emailed in vacation for a few more days this week. I also may be going on the weekend of the 6th depending if I get enough of my smallie fix this week.

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Hey Bill,

i was out as Jim said this past Saturday. I was fishing with my old partner Bill, he was asking if i had seen or heard from you. he said to give you a hello if i ran in to you.

The fishing was pretty good, plenty of 2/3s and managed a couple of largemouth out back.

i am on my way to Newfound this mornning, hopfully they will be on!

I am supposeed to be on Winnisquam this coming Weds and Sat, if you are going to be there drop me a line.

Mike, let me know when you are going to be on the lake, i will try to give you any local info i can for the weeek you will be here.

Jim, nice to run into you the other day, my buddy Bill was shaking his head after i left you. the conversation about electronics was way over his head. The idae of paying 1k for a fish finder blew his mind.

GregD

Latest posts

Back