Will it fit?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
I'm assuming a PT-175 will fit in my garage. Does anyone know how long the rig is from prop to front of trailer? I guess I'll have a little more room with the swing away tongue as well. Dunno. Thanks!

21' somethin'I think and the 185 on the trailer is around 22'.

I have a 24' garage and with the motor down and up against the wall...there's not much room.

How long is your garage?

Not sure. I just bilt a workbench that took up 2 feet on the back wall. I'll measure it as soon as I get home from work.

I have a 24 ft garage around my 2003 175. I also have the 4 stroke motor which is much bigger than a two stroke 25, but probably similar in size to a much larger 2 stroke. I have a row of Craftsman rolling toolchests along the back wall. I can back mine in to about 6" from the tool chests and will have about a 1.5 feet of clearance between the end of the swing away tongue and the garage door.

My PT175 fits in my garage just fine...if I leave the garage door up. It did cross my mind to knock a hole in the back wall of the garage whereas the engine would end-up in my closet, then I'd just build a box around the engine to seperate it from the closet. ;)

Well, first I bought the boat and then I had the garage built around the boat. Fits great! LOL

Toxic - What's two boats among friends. They both fit fine and even leave me a little room. LOL

Hey Tee that's easy. Just open the garage door hitch the boat up and pull it out. Once you've gone this far might as well hit the water for a few hours before tackling whatever job it was that I needed to open the tool box for anyway. It's a great life isn't it.

I measured 20' 6" from the door to the bench. I can get another 2' if I move the bench along the side wall. I don't want to do that though. :-/

Tee, is 21'+ with a swing away or not?

Latest posts

Back