Wildlife/Registration Decal Removal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Harcar

Reaction score
I bought a pre-owned Nitro a little while ago from someone in a different state than my own. I have to put new stickers on it. I've tried WD-40 and a hairdryer and am not making much progress removing the old stickers. Anyone know of a good way to get them off? Thanks in advance for ideas!!

Use the hair dryer and peel slowly. Try a dab of acetone to remove any glue residue, then a light wax/buff on the area. You should then be ready to apply new decals. Good luck!

Automotive dept of WallyWorld or any auto parts store... "GooGone"...

Peel it off as best you can. Need to expose the paper/backing. Then use furniture polish (like pledge or Old English - my wifes favorie) and apply it. It should help remove the sticker.

She has removed some very difficult ones for me using this.

Tex

Thank you for your replies - I'll swing a loop and pick up GooGone, Oven Cleaner, Acetone, and a high power hair dryer tomorrow.

Texas...was at Lake Norman today - got into a nice batch of spots.

Michael,

Didn't realize that you were around here. That's good on the spots. I've heard that the spot population up there is really getting good.

We'll have to make arrangments for a 'fishing date' sometime in the future. Are you going to the Bassmaster U at the Hilton, weekend after next? I'll be there.

Tex

Tex, next time you are in BPS come see me. I'm the Sales Manager for Tracker Marine at that location. With the boat show coming first of next month I'll be busy making preparations for that so I will miss the Bassmasters U. Take Good Notes!!

Michael

Latest posts

Back