Wierd

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Today I finally got out fishing. At least I thought I was going to. Troller didn't work. Wouldn't reset the breaker and absolutely dead. So I anchored on my first place and the anchor fell off the chain. The snap was perfect ok but somehow good bye prop. So I gave up because of the wind and no boat control and headed for the ramp. My Tundra with the 150 opti ran about 54mph with a light load. This year after a prop rebuild it runs about 49mph. Half way to the ramp the rpms drop to 5200 from 5400 and the boat accelerates to about 53mph before I run out of lake. Curious I turn around and do it again. After about a 1/4 mile it digs in and accelerates. I'm thinking the prop hub is slipping then catches and digs in.

I might add the Merc never tured 5400rpms until after the rebuild on the prop. Any ideas out there to shed some light on this wierd $#it.

fatrap

P.s. I caught nothing. After tearing the front cap off I found the nut holding postive wire to the plug in had fell off.

TM receptical

At least you didn't fall while launching. Isn't it about time for you to start harvesting Wild Ditch Parrots anyway?:lol: I'm coming to town for the Nebraska/Kansas game but if it goes off as usual, I won't be sober until I get on the plane to come back. I would think that if your hub was spun it would get worse with higher rpms.....never heard of them "grabbing" but that is just me.

TOXIC

I'm coming to town for the Nebraska/Kansas game but if it goes off as usual, I won't be sober until I get on the plane to come back.

Hey Tox -- I think they require a passport and a ticket to get in the game for guys coming from Warrenton, VA.:eek: :lol::p

Rick

I'm coming from Sunny Florida:lol::lol::lol: Look for me at the game, I'll be the one in RED. :p:lol:....Sorry for the hi-jack Mike but Football trumps Trolling Motors:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Could have been a pocket of cooler, denser water that the prop was able to hook better.

Gene

Guys downstairs in Tracker tell me it's the Optimax. Probably plugs or a coil. never heard of and engine turning more rpms with a bad coil or plugs. There the Merc experts.

Tox good luck on the game and plans but your probably flying into Lincoln. Not much for ditch parrots here this year I'm told bad hatch due to flooding here.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back