Whats you opinion on the Jeep Cherokee?....and a 901..LOL

• Thread starter BJ Laster [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/963
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I have thought about this some. I have found a good deal on a Nitro 901. A 9 series (preferably a 901) is my DREAM boat. If I was to sell my 882 I could probly come close to getting this 901. I contacted the dealer and they said they would consider my 882 as a trade BUT I am not into trading because they would probly have an offer way to low....

Here is a pic of the boat. You can also go to www.erboats.com and click inventory to see more pictures.

So the question is should I be content and wait a couple of years to purchase a 9 series or take the plunge and sell mine and buy this one?

THANKS

BJ
64024666_1.jpg

Boat looks great, looks to be super clean. Have no idea if 15K is a good price or not.. I love the colors.

Looks really nice BJ. What does it have for an engine on it?

If you decide to buy it, I'll trade you my Spectrum for your 882.lol

Good luck with this. Josh

200 EFI

In all reality I will probably keep the 882. There is a chance I would buy it if I can find a buyer for my 882.

BJ

Sweeeeet lookin' boat BJ. What year is it? Looks like it's out at Jimmy Houston Marine, is that right?

Harpo

ER Boats at I-240. It is a 2000

Hey you want an 882?

Hey Rob...I can't believe I am going to ask this but don't you have one of those "other" boats for sale around $15,000?

BJ

Hey Rob...I can't believe I am going to ask this but don't you have one of those "other" boats for sale around $15,000?

BJ

BJ, for most of my life, I was a salesperson on the street. My car was as much a tool of my trade as a boat is for a fisherman. Many of my peers would trade cars every couple of years. I learned early on that a car is strictly an expense and the best way to reduce that expense was to keep the car until it got to the point of costing too much from downtime/repair.

The same goes for boats!

That 882 is a great boat! You know what you've got. You don't know the history of the 901 - especially since you'd be buying it from a dealer. Let Dad ride backwards a bit; that way he can enjoy the smiles on all your faces!!

me!

Besides..... That 901 is in MY color combination!! LOL!!

That's exactly why you trade every 2 years on a vehicle...warranty = no expense to repair. My father traveled over 3 million miles in his career and never kept a car for more than 2 years. Never paid a repair bill on one either.

TOXIC

TOX -

My current Jeep has 139,000 on it. NO repair bills to date!

Last Jeep had 231,000 on it when I finally traded it because the main bearings were beginning to go. Only two repairs ever done on it: A/C compressor and a u-joint. The A/C compressor was expensive at $1,300 and the u-joint was only a bit over $100. Still far less than even the sales tax on a new car!

In our fathers' days, cars were built much differently.

me!

Okay, now I know Staci is a liar.... :)

My wife loved her Cherokees... FOUR of them (or was it 5?)... anyway, the ones by AMC she loved, got 300k on one of them. The Chrysler jeeps just didn't do as well. She had one that got to 140k and just started falling apart. We got her a new one, and she was done with it at 30k if memory serves. I swear, I'll never own another Chrysler product (I've sworn that before, but this time, I mean it :) ).

Wow, we just hi-jacked poor BJ's thread. :)

I'm having real good service with my 2001 Jeep. I just hit 108k with only one real breakdown, a cooling fan went out. I'm starting to see some areas of wear like a slight shimmy when I hit the brakes and the drivers seat is needing to be fluffed up a little but mostly it running strong. I hope the dang thang gives me another 50 or 60 thousand miles, I'm still upside down.

Harpo

BJ sorry about giving your thread a curve ball I hate it when that happens.

LOL!! I took a look at the Cherokee when it was an AMC product..... Wouldn't have touched it! Talk about lousy QC - but that was back in the mid-80's.

I'm just disappointed that they discontinued my model..... I'd buy another - but I won't buy the what-ever-it's-called that replaced it. Too small - won't carry all my rods and such!

Now..... A Mini Cooper with a sun roof..... :)

Maybe I should change the title to Jeep Cherokee....

Carlos, a single axle is much easier to maneuver and can be rolled around in a garage or in a driveway by hand. You can't do that with a tandem.

BJ, lil tip for ya buddy, NEVER come to a group of grown men and ask if you should get a bigger faster boat! DUH!!! LOL And DON'T tell us your MOM BOUGHT IT for you!!!! LOL

Remember this, if there is bigger and/or faster available, you'll always wonder and want it. If you bought as big and'or as fast as there is, then you have nothing to question or regret. At this point, for your age, you should be estatic!!! If it ain't broke.....Run it til the wheels fall off.

Rob,

So it will be ok? I was thinking it was a bit heavy for a single axle. Most of the ones with the HUGE boats like this :) are a dual axle.

Carlos

Edited for the following:

Rob you are right on track!! Enjoy what you have and run er till it drops :) I had a 12 foot Sears semi vee with a 7.5 gamefisher mothor when I was that age.

Rob called me buddy....i wonder if i am really his buddy or if he was just trying to get a point accros.

In all reality I will probably keep the 882. I would love to get this boat but I don't think now is just a real good time....

BJ

I have another thought.....how about I ask BFHP about the 901 and see what they say...LOL

If I can add one other thought, BJ.....

Considering gas prices, hold out for a boat with an Opti. While I'm sure that the EFI gets better fuel mileage than my old carbed 200, I want to tell you that mine was a real gas guzzler. For a day on Carlyle - only about 10 miles by 4 miles - I would easily go through $25 in gas or more. And that was before the recent surge in prices.

In the future, an Opti or 4-stroke will be the only way to go.

me!

Latest posts

Back