What's a fair resale price for my 2010 Z-7?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary R

Reaction score
I'm going to put my Z-7 up for sale in the next week or two. I haven't seen many for sale and not sure on the value. NADA just lists Boat, motor and trailer value. I have a lot of options and it's pretty much loaded. I'm going to be getting another and was given a trade-in offer of 21900. Seems like seeling outright could get me a higher offer?

If I do trade it in that amount does offset what I have to pay in sales tax.

150 Optimax w/ Extended Warranty

Two HDS 7's (Networked)

Structure Scan

Sirius Weather Radar

Hydraulic Steering

Bob's 8" Jack Plate

Elite Color Package

Removable Port Console

Guest 3 Bank Charger

82# TM w/ Trollwell

Hotfoot

Steering Wheel Trim Lever

Rod Organzier

Tackle Organizer

Keel Guard

Remote Oil Fill

Custom Cover

Custom Wheels

Spare Tire

LED Tail Lights

Trailer Brakes

Ratchet Tiedowns

DSC01480.jpg

It's time to try something different. I've had 4 Nitro's and just want something different. I have no reason to bash Nitro, they've been good to me. Seriously considering a Bass Cat at this time.

very nice boats....buddy has one and they are sweet. I also like the looks of the Ranger z118s. Good luck. as far as price, I am not sure that trade in offer is too far off. go build your boat at the Nitro site then factor in a year older and that should get ou pretty close. Also use boattrader.com or something and find comparables.

Selling your boat retail does not help you with taxes when you buy new. trading in does. But still I would think you could still come out ahead.

Well, here is something to consider regardless of the trade or sell options.

All of those nice options on your boat do NOT translate into $$$. What they translate into are items that will get your boat purchased by a buyer, because your boat has them, and the others don't. Same basic thing happens on cars/trucks and the like.

It's a great looking boat. Should attract attention, especially with the items you have listed. In doing a search, it would seem that the trade in price is not at all a bad deal. The question is: Do you want to go through the 'resale' process or simply move on to a new boat and take the trade.

Given the economy and everything else, I'd be very tempted to simply take the trade and get your new boat. Maybe you can have them include some 'additions' to your new boat since yours is loaded.

Tex

Very sharp boat, wish you were selling next Spring instead of now.

Derek, If I build this same boat at the Nitro site as a 2011 and also add what else I put on it I'm at $33K.

You could probably get 25K for it......the first year is the BIGGEST hit on depreciation!

BUT,..you might be sitting on it for awhile too waiting for the right buyer. That trade-in offer of 21,900 is not bad!! I guess it boils down to how bad/fast you want a new one!:huh:

Latest posts

Back