what rod shoud i get

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick bode

Reaction score
i am looking at the bass pro shops tourney ts special rod they have a good deal on it right now dose any one use these rods most of my fishing is for fun i do fish some tourament. i have a couple of ugly stik and real like them so is the bass pro shop rod better or shoud i stay with the ugly stick thanks rick

Rick, I have a BPS rod and it definitely is better than an ugly stick. I rently purchased a couple of Falcon's and St. Croix's. These rods are really light and super sensitive. I think for recereational fishing either of the brands your are looking at will suffice. I started with ugly sticks and worked my way up to better and more expensive rods. Not sure if it helps me catch fish but at least it's an excuse to buy more fishing stuff.

Al....

Never admit it's an "excuse"... Those purchases are necessities!!!!

I've had probably 20 Tourney Specials and 2 Extremes and probably a dozen Bionic Blades before they come out with the TS. For the money...the Tourney Special is hard to beat:) I know...I'm pretty rough on rods and can't afford breakin' a $100 rod.

And Rick...Do yourself a favor and give those Ugly Sticks away and replace them with a TS:) Ugly Stick has about as much feel as a marshmallow:)

I really liket the BPS rods they seem to be very good quality for the money....and it also doesn't hurt that my wife works there so I get 40% off all BPS items...

Rick I probably have a dozen in different size/weight and use the heck out of them. Good stuff for resonably priced equipment.

Da Bear

Back