US OPEN on Mead - Clunn almost wins and Angler get's DQ'd for cheating

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://www.bassfan.com/news_art
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, team tournaments are the prime opportunity for cheating to occur. I would like to see the team tournament format changed to blind draws of anglers (partners cannot fish with each other) where the weights of "team" members is combined at the end of the day, or something along those lines. I think the pressure for some of these "Pros" becomes unbearable as they try to "make a living" fishing. Very sad and it calls into question any and every success they've had in fishing. I hope organizers of team tournaments begin to pay more attention to these potential circumstances.

Terrible. How can someone stoop so low. I am as competitive as anyone and want to win but you have to do it right. Guess to some, money mean everything!

Randy!

Man that is really sad for the other competitors over the years, we may never know if this was a 1 time event, or did he do this in previous tourneys... I am glad that they banned him for life, and hope he does get criminally charged!

They only banned him from the West. Guess he'll be using his winnings to move.

My guess is that any real money tournaments will note this and have him on the 'list'. Let's simply hope so.

I don't remember the guy about 4-5 years ago that was caught catching bass out of a 'box'. He was winning all types of tourneys, and was caught red-handed. Anyone remember who that was?

Tex

Teri,...he can't run from his new "Reputation".....it will follow him for EVER!! Just ask Tony Christian! It was "alleged" that he was caught cheating in an FLW event...the dude was winning LOT$,...for years!!..He got busted for having fish "penned up" in a basket under a dock, however the box was constructed in a fashion where the bait could fall thru a hole and then the fish could be pulled out after they bit the bait....the FLW never really said "WHY" he was banned,..because technically he was still "catching" the fish,..it became a legality thing and neither the FLW or TC ever commented publicly,...regardless,..he was banned from anymore FLW, STREN's or any other MAJOR trail...and he's dropped off the face of the earth!

Ah, Mac nailed it. Here's a surprising fact. There are still articles on FLW about Tony in his heyday prior to being banned. You would have thought they would have cleaned that stuff up and deleted it.

Tex

Guess he needs the kind of justice those guys got with the smallmouth catch in lake Erie a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, that POS will be just another entry in an ever growing list of scumbag cheaters caught in T's. :angry:

Just think if he had used tru-tungsten instead of lead weights he might have gotten away with it No lead poisoning. LOL