Upgrading Graph

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff Rinder

Reaction score
Only had my New Z7 for 3 weeks. I am wanting to upgrade the standard mark 5X to one of the DSI units.

Question:

Should I leave the 5x in the dash and mount the new graph on the side? Dont they glue the transducer to the inside of the hull?

Take out the 5x and leave old cables in the boat and move it up front?

Get two new graphs and leave the 5x in dash so I would have 3 graphs??

What should I do?

Cliff

I'm also upgrading I'm going to put the 5x on the the front with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor and installing a Elite 5 DSI in the dash. The transducer for the Elite will need to be installed on the transom.

I have made these to fill the dash holes when larger units are placed on the side.

nitro.jpg

So are you just leaving the original transducer/cable from the old one? I like the cover plate...

Leave the 5x in dash and put DSI on TM and another unit to console. I would want to use the 5x just for regular 2d sonar full time and have a SI unit that could be full time SI to maximize screen size on both units.

Descisions descisions...well I just ordered the elite 5 DSI with chartplotter last night..

I have a 2009 z7 and rplaced my in dash with a Lowrance HDS5. You will have to trim a little out of the opening but it fit fine. I also mounted the tranducer inside the hule under the batteries. They are easy to take out and remove the plate they are setting on. I also put a Lowrance HDS7 up front and Structure scan on the boat. The Structure scan will run both unites win the one transducer. You have to moun the SSI transducer under the back of the boat. I left the old cables for the unit I took out in case I sell the boat and want to keep my Lowrance units.

Latest posts

Back