TV-18 owners- need pictures of your trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm in need of pictures of how your boat sits on your trailer to see if mine matches what you all have set up.

I'm looking for two pics:

1. the rear of the trailer, showing the transom / rear crossmember.

2. Where the winch attaches to the front of the trailer frame.

Much appreciated :cool:

Bruce, are you trying to adjust your tongue weight? If so, any variations in outboard, batteries, etc. would make using someone else's setup inaccurate. Your tongue weight should be 5-7 % of the total rig weight at hitched height (preferably level). Take the rig to a local truck scale and weigh it. Measure the tongue height, and unhitch the trailer. Get a milk crate or chair and your household scale. Use scrap lumber under the scale to get the tongue to hitched height. Place the tongue on the scale, and verify the weight is within the 5-7% range. Excessive tongue weight will "lift" the front of the tow vehicle and cause lose of steering control and brake effectiveness and the tendency to hydroplane in wet conditions. Too light of a tongue can cause the trailer to sway back and forth.

Bruce: Tell me if these are close to what you want. I can easily shoot photos and upload them if you need more detail.

foldingtongue.jpg

motor.jpg

That's it MO, exactly what I'm looking for. Yours is set the same as mine.

Thanks for the quick response

Mine wasn't setup this way originally when I bought it new. I set it this way last year when the new motor was put on, it felt way too light at the tongue....

Just a check to see if I had it right :D

Those pictures are nearly two years old. :rolleyes:

Here is a picture that I took last night to show you just how much difference a few years can make! (Note the red "2003" sticker on the transom and the pneumatic post for the rear fishing seat that I bought last week as evidence this is a true reflection of the condition of this old motor today.) :)

Motor05.JPG

Hmmmm.....no one found this humerous. I'm losing my touch. :(

I was just wondering who drank all the Dr. Peppers.;)

Harpo

I wanna know why you traded a pump sprayer in for a wet vac!!! LOL

Oh and MAN MO you NEED to clean that boat, its FILTHY!!!! BBWWWAAAAA

Not too late Andy, just another view. Mine was definately wrong ;)

Bruce,

Was your boat setting too far back on the trailer? If so, was the winch stand mounted back in the "A" part of the forward frame closer to the jackstand?

You hit it on the head MO! The added weight of the 115 and another trolling battery made the boat feel too light up front, that's why I moved everything forward. I now see that it should have been that way the whole time....;)

Latest posts

Back