Truck spring aids.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
I am in the market for a spring supplement for my 99 Silverado. I am currentlyu looking at the "Roadmaster Active Suspension" and the "Direstone Sport-Rite air bag suspension". Both of these are add-ons to my existing spring/suspension. If you had a choice, which would you get. They are priced within $20 of each other. There is a negitive point about each one but with the airbags you have to drill into the frame.

Please help my decision.

Eric H.

The "Load Boosters" from timbren worked well for my Jeep Cherokee.

They usually are about a 10 minute install, and require no drilling.

They are "Hollow Rubber Springs" that mount to the frame above the rear axle.

They only come into play when you load the leaf springs enough, so the normal ride "should" not be affected. There is generally 1/2 - 1 inch of clearance between the bottom of the springs and the top of the axle.

http://www.timbren.com

Here is a product line that I tried and really liked. I have a 3/4 ton PU and didn't need more load capacity but I got it along with several other benifits. They included better turning less side to side wind effect from semi trucks, quieter ride and reduce road chatter on the dirt roads.

For only $265 bux and 15 minutes of work it was great!

Check out the link, it's cool.

Rip Lips,

GregG

http://www.amtechsprings.com/amtech.cfm

I have a 99 Silverado Z71 and i pull a 896 tandem in the mountains and dont have any problem. I am also a GM Tec, if you want a stiffer ride get some Z71 shocks for the rear and make sure ya have LT and not P tires it makes a big difference, but I would go with the air bags you can make it ride as stiff as ya want, I dont know anything about the Roadmasters but a few holes won't hurt a Chevy!!!!

Hammer Down!!

Thanks for the replies, i received an e-mail back from the loadmaster company and they are alot less expensive right now (on sale) and will do what i need. Thanks for the info.

Eric H.

Latest posts

Back