To much of a good thing...curado reels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Fruge

Reaction score
Why is it that everytime I find what i consider to be a really good product at a really good price....it gets discontinued?

I read an article somewhere that Shimano is discontinueing the Curado line of reels. They are improving them and the price will go way up. This is one of my pet peeves. I used to fish Diawa reels until all of a sudden they decided that they would build really high quality reels and charge $250 and up for them. Sure they have a low price reel but they are cr@p and don't last. Seems there can never be good quality at a middle of the road price.

Seems like I heard Rich talking not to long ago about this topic.

Ok, I am off my soap box.

Wolf

It really isnt too bad.

Crusix (I thinks thats what it is, step down from the present curado) 99.99

Citica (Better than the present curado and it will be superfree plus another ball bearing) 119.99

Curado (better than the old Chronarch) 199.99

Try the Daiwa Advantage reels, the tuned ones, real nice reel for the price.

dude, Bruce is so right !!! I am or was a curado guy. One of my best friends works in R & D at daiwa. He tells me that he wants me to try out some new reels a while back, so I was like, ok, why not. Now keep in mind, this was a while ago, and I had no idea which reels were the expensive ones and which ones were the mid grade ones. I ended up sold on those Daiwa Advantage super tuned ones ! They are sweet dude, and not that expensive either. If my memory serves me correct, they are in the price range of the old curado's. I used the heck out of em and they still work good. I even use em in the saltwater, and they hold up really well. Found out that the 300 hundred dollar reels were the ones I did not like anyways. Daiwa is working on some affordable TD baits too, some really sick ideas that are affordable. They are the company to watch dude. I have a feeling they will not be behind shimano for much longer. Just a thought for ya.

As BJ refered to, the Cruxis is the old Citica. The new citica is very similar to the SF Curado's for a little less money. The new Curado is extremely similar to the Calais 100's, with frame materials differing. Why they had to change things, I'll never understand.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

tttttry some of the Quantum reels Ive got some Ihave had for more than 15 years and they still work like new 4 years ago I bought a Jhonney Morris sig. reel from BPS very smoth reel do not know how they will stand up

JD

Something else they don't understand....I use lefties!

Every reel maker needs more...everytime I find one I like, you can't get it in lefty:angry:

These companies are always doing this type of stuff. I will stick with the BPS reels.

My next baitcaster is going to the abu Garcia Torno My buddy has one and I used it just as good as the curdo. But I did notice that the Torno spool spins alot longer than the SF Curudo right out of the box.

Torno Series

To ensure virtually frictionless rotation, each precision bearing meets tolerances of .0002 inch.

Abu Garcia Quality, Value and Dependability in a Low-Profile Package

# Abu Garcia brings its lengendary quality to low-profile design

# InfiniSpool" versions provide the ultimate in casting performance

# External magnetic brakes on 3004 and 3006 models

Torno Series

Image Prod. No. Bearings Gear Ratio Capacity Spool MSRP

Photo: T3003SB T3003SB 3 5.3:1 10/105 Aluminum $84.95

Photo: T3004HS T3004HS 4 6.3:1 10/105 Alum. $109.95

Photo: T3004HSI T3004HSI 4 6.3:1 10/105 Alum. $139.95

Photo: T3006HS T3006HS 6 6.3:1 10/105 Alum. $129.95

Photo: T3006HSI T3006HSI 6 6.3:1 10/105 Alum. $159.95

Im with Bj on this one, they revamped the line but its may not be a bad thing. Of the 12 baitcasters i own 10 of them are curado's of some type. Its a darn good reel for the money, and i expect my surrent batch to last a long time. it looks like the Citica is going to replace the curado sf for less money which is fine by me.

My point is Mini...Shimano does have more lefties than anyone else but, the lineup in those reels are the high dollar end and nothing inbetween.

It's either a $100+ or look at other brands........:(

Latest posts

Back