To Bill Barham

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Bill, It's White Township NJ, O7823, It is a rural route so it does not have a zip code, so it will come up as Belvidere, NJ. I notice your library has a picture of you holding a Muskie or big pickeral, did you see my post last week or two with the big muskie my buddy caught? If you like to catch them there are two lakes within 10 minutes of me that have some big muskies in them. Let me know.

Chris, that's my brother holding up a big Pickeral that was a byprduct of Bass fishing. Yep, I saw the Muskies but have never fished anywhere that has them.

MapQuest has you almost 4 hours from me and I am not able to physically drive that far yet though I would love to visit that area and get some fishing in.

If I do get up that way you'll be the first person I get in touch with. I've just GIT to get on that "haunted" lake:)

Bill

Ok Bill, no problem. The haunted lake isn't going anywhere, and you have an open invite for when you can travel.

There must be some great farmpond's in MD. I once worked for Weichert Realtors and frequently traveled to the Regional Headquarters in Bethesda, we would fly into Gaithersburg? (I think), to a small craft airport. When we flew over MD I would always notice a bunch of ponds scattered across the country side of MD. They have to be great!

Do you fish the Potomac? I would sometimes stay over in the Georgetown area and noticed some bass boats on the Potomac river. I also heard the Susquehenna flats down by you is pretty good as well, a lot of local clubs in my area have tourneys there. Do you fish it, maybe I could get some pointers from you if you do, I will mostly likely go to a tourney down there either this year or next.

"haunted lake"...????

Inquiring minds want to know!

It's a small pond by my house that has some stories about hauntings and wierd stuff going on. The fishing is great in a jon boat but the place creeps me out. I try to get out before dark if I am alone, but you know when the bass start breaking the surface right before dark? well lets just say I could load my jon boat in the back of my pickup in 60 seconds flat, It does feel haunted when you go there no B/S. Fishing the banks at dusk is a no no for me. You have to walk thru the woods, seen bears there before and you can get out in only one direction or go up a huge mountain. There is a moat going thru the middle of the pond and lets just say I don't want to get caught in the middle of a living or a previous living thing and the mountain. The place is pretty cool, and has a great bass population. I have witnessed people keeping very big bass during closed spawning season. Next time I call the game warden! They catch blue gills and then "live-line" them and throw them into the spawning beds of bass.

wow! Fishing and entertainment!

We might just have to visit!

Hey Chris,

There are a lot of small farm ponds but very few that are fishable, either from runoff or "do not trespass" signs.

A lot of these guys get the state to stock their ponds, then say people are leaving trash, etc., so they are allowed to shut access down.

I haven't fished the Potomac in a long time and the Susquehenna Flats even longer. They just get too crowded for me so I don't enjoy it. A lot of guys here fish the Potomac and should be able to help you with that. If I had to fish the Susquehenna right now, I think I would concentrate on one of the two rivers, the Susquehenna or the Northeast.

Thanks for the invite and don;t be surprised when I take you up on it.

Bill

Latest posts

Back