Beware GrabAGun.com

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbstern

Reaction score
An FYI for my shooting buddies who may deal with this vendor in the future. Pay attention to your order. I've found this vendor to be, uh, a bit "slippery."

Ordered a Keystone 10060 (.920" fluted bull) rifle barrel for my Ruger 10/22 from the Grabagun web site. Price was $106.95. Never got an order receipt, had to contact them via email, and they confirmed the order was received. A week later, I receive the wrong part (instead received Keystone 10050 .920" plain barrel). It is a similar product, suitable for my purposes, but was priced $9 less on the GrabAGun site. Figured it wasn't a big deal. Fired off an email asking that they correct the problem with either a $9 refund, or ship the correct product, and pay for return shipping back on the incorrect product.

Waited two days, no word back from the email. Picked up the phone. Customer service rep listened to the story, said he would call back. Calls back in about 20 minutes, tells me I got the correct product for the price I paid, due to a mistake on the web site. I said you can't do that, it's false advertising. He said that's the word he had from his VP. I asked to speak with the VP. Was told he wasn't available. I asked to undo the transaction. Was told I would have to pay return shipping because I had received the correct product for the price I paid (mind you, I have an invoice in hand showing I paid for the higher priced product, and the lower priced product sitting here in from of me). Now I was getting a bit mad, because they want me to pay for their mistake.

Alerted my credit card company that I might dispute the charge, so they could send me the paperwork. They flagged it and sent me the forms, which I've been sitting on until today, hoping to resolve it directly.

I opened a BBB complaint. After a few days, Grabagun responds, saying it was the customer service reps fault, and they would refund me $20 for my trouble. I emailed them, said just refund me the $9 you owe me, and I'll close the BBB case. The next morning, I get an email with a refund receipt for $9, to a card number that doesn't belong to me, with the cardholder's name "Jerry Lewis". Not sure if that was an attempt at poor customer service humor or a legit mistake. I email them to point out the mistake. No response. I email them again a week later. No response. By this time, BBB has closed the case.

I've now filed the dispute paperwork with the credit card bank.

It's incredible to me that a vendor would treat a customer so callously over $9. I don't care about $9. I care about vendors doing the following: 1) bait and switch pricing , and 2) giving really poor (bordering on abusive) customer service in response to a legitimate complaint about a fulfillment error.

That would piss me off to no end and I'd be pressed to make a HOUSE CALL to let them know it. Got a tinned wire company that's NOT as bad but will spam the heck outta ya and it does NO GOOD to unsubscribe. Even the salesperson will email you monthly (the auto one works on a weekly basis) EVEN though you asked to have the account closed - Finally had to mark their domain in the spam filters to end it. Good prices but anything I HATE is having to open an account to buy ANYTHING. What's wrong with guest checkout. I might buy once a year. Don't need them remembering my birthday or have some special that I didn't sign up for etc etc. Yeah, guess they think we ALL voted for the dictator and can't think for ourselves and gotta be lead like sheep. :mad:

Yep, I finally did find another wire store where the prices were good and no requirement to open an account and not NEAR the spam.

It did. The customer service behind my Cabela's Visa card is excellent. They took care of it after I filled out the paperwork.

Never heard from Grabagun about any of this. Won't do business with them again.

My son's part time FFL sent him to GAG for his XDS.... $50 less on the gun and $20 less on shipping... He has saved $70 so we will see what it runs out to be...

Greg, I can't deny the prices are excellent. I can even live with shoddy service.

What I can't tolerate is dishonest service.

Latest posts

Back