Time for new trailer lights

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
:angry:Well, got back to the landing today and found that someone had hit my trailer and smashed one of my tail lights. At least there was no damage to the trailer itself.

I have been meaning to get new LED lights so I guess I have a reason now. Haven't researched or looked yet but anyone know off hand if I can just buy something off the shelf that will mount/plug right in? I have a 2002 PT185 on a Trailstar Trailer of the same vintage.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the guy who took out my light isn't on this board. The right thing to have done is at least put a note on my windshield with a name and phone number. My wife did just that a couple weeks ago at Sam's club when the wind grabbed the car door when my daughter was getting out. They never called but just the courtesy/option would be appreciated in my case.

NDB:

If I recall correctly, these ought to do the trick:

image_2884.jpg

Harbor Freight Tools has them online at: http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/trailer-lights/one-pair-submersible-trailer-led-lights-94137.html

Northern Tools also has them for slightly more at: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200338570_200338570

ND,

Light kits are fairly standard, so look at Bass Pro or Cabelas. Cheapest way is to get a kit; this will include wiring for the whole trailer, but you can use your existing wiring with no problem. You should be able to replace the rear lights in 30-45 minutes. I would suggest the crimp style wire connectors with heat shrink tubing attached.

After a great wife stopped to pick up a set of replacements from Fleet Farm and about 45 min.....the swap is complete. Much easier than I expected. I love when replacement parts off the shelf work. It seems like almost everything these days needs a special something but not this time.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips guys!

(I still need to back the truck up to the trailer and check them but the swap is done.):D

Latest posts

Back