THIS SUCK$!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Daves

Reaction score
Well...fishing is heating up on Lanier. Only second year I've had a boat. Only four weeks until baby gets here (read: limited fishing opportunity), and I'm flippin laid up after shoulder surgery. Had it Wednesday 3/17 and gotta stay in this immobilzer sling for four weeks. Then intense rehab for 4-6 weeks. Reading all these fishing reports are killin me.

PS...typing with one hand gets old..LOL

Sorry to hear that Scoob! Keep your chin up! Give it hell on rehab but, don't overdoit and you'll probably recover quicker. My buddy just had shoulder surgery and the doc told him about 6 weeks..he was good at 3. He just had knee surgery also..they said 8 to 10 weeks rehab...he did it in 3.

I think those doc's usually give "worst case scenario":)

TEE

BTW...I had double hernia sugery two years ago..Doc said 8 weeks...I was back at work in 2:)

No, I had a wall fall on me in a house fire. Had two "SLAP" tears and two fibral cysts from tear. Was a grade 4 out of 5. It was all done arthrocopic. Hurts right now, but it hurt pretty good before too. This flippin immobilizer sling is a pain in the backside. Rehab ought to be real fun after not moving it for four weeks.

The other bad part is that DR said I would never lift weights like before. I used to compete in bench press when I was younger. Still lifted fairly heavy (350 or so) until I got hurt. DR said no more than 200 after I get better. Gonna have to reconfigure workouts totally. Always lifted heavy/low reps. Gonna be lower weight/higher reps now.

I had rotator cuff surgery last July, I was told by my physical therapist that any shoulder surgery hurts worst than a hip replacement and I believe it

You just have to do what the PT tells you to and remember every one heals different so don

Scoob, Hope you heal quickly - having been through shoulder surgery myself, I know it's one of the most uncomfortable recoveries.

But while things seem to suck, count your blessings as well. Lost two very close comrades back in Sept. of 1988 at a barn fire. Two-story stone wall toppled outwards from the increased weight of the stored hay, now wet with quite a few thousand gallons of water. Horrible memories...and the end of my fire service. Glad yours turned out much better.

Scoob, I feel your pain. I had major surgery on 3/9. Not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds or exert myself for 8 weeks. Can't go bass fishing because everything I catch weighs over 10 pounds! HAR! Think I'll have my son move the boat out of sight so I don't have to look at it on these 76 degree days.

Take it easy and get well soon, Hutch

Holy S#@@!!...You bench pressed 350?!!....I bet EVERYBODY calls you "Sir!"...LOL

Hope you feel better soon,...Firemen are studs anyway,..you'll be up and at'em before long!! Carry on!!

Mac

LOL MAC...don't think so. Everyone looks down on me. I'm only 5'8", is I've always tried to over do it...to prove myself. When I was about 15/16 I was benching 435. Wrestling, baseball, just being young. Once I graduated HS I got hired as a firefighter. Too many biscuits, etc has pushed me from 180 to 220 lbs. Still carry it pretty well. They call me a fireplug, bulldawg...things like that. Pretty depressed over not being able to lift like I did before.

But really depressed about not fishing. It's sunny and 71 degrees today. MAN I'd love to be on the lake. I bet I've walked down to the basement three times today just to look at my boat. I'm trying to counsel myself by buying a new FF for the console of my PT175.
boat%20004.jpg

Latest posts

Back