Third Annual Memorial Invitational Tournament

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Another year has past and hopefully the fishing will be getting better. Looking at the 3rd Annual Memorial Invitational Fishing Tournament at Lake Anna (hot side). Two different weekend are up for choices. November 17th (Saturday) or December 1st (Saturday). Open to all who would like to join in the fun and festivities. Cookout at the house after the TX. Let me know which date looks the best for everyone interested.

No entrance fees, no limitation on the boats used (even Monkey Boats allowed) and I'm sure that Toxic will even impart some of his knowledge to the less informed on how to fish the hot side. Safe light to late afernoon and then chow. No nuclear bean dishes allowed this year. Bring a dish for everyone to share as in the past.

Uncle Billy you make sure you take your meds and get yourself in working order so you can make it this year. I am sure that Bruce will haul your sorry butt over here. I have an open back seat for anyone who doesn't have a boat or doesn't want to drag theirs to the lake.

Let me know what you think!

Bill

Thanks for organizing the event again this year, I'd love to do it again, nothing like the hot side with a little frost on the pumpkin.:D My vote would be for December 1 and I would probably bring a friend so I have someone to keep me awake on the ride home.

Steve

Bill - thanks again for hosting. Of the two dates, 12/1 works better for me.

J.

I am back in town the evening of the 16th, and available then..making the swing back from Okinawa on the 1st, so wil be too jet lagged to play.......

Bill, thanks for the invite man and setting this up, it really is appreciated!!! Look forward to some of Mikes boiled bass HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Carlos

Sounds GREAT! Either date is ok with me as long as Bruce will drag my sorry butt over there and my sorry butt is up to it. I haven't fished in over a year..I've chucked a few from the bank but not really fished. Looking forward to it..

Uncle Billy

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the invite. Im in for either date.

Thanks again,

Mark

Thanks guys! So far it looks like the 1st of December is the day except for CIII. Hey - what's a little jet lag when you get to fish the hot side. This is open to anyone who wants to hit the hot side in December. Cold morning with steam coming off the 80 degree water temps. LOL

Tox - Not only MY safe light but anyone else in their right mind. FYI - Toxic said he was going to show up at safe light last week and I waited until 0800 and he finally showed up around 0900. So much for safe light. LOL

BillK - You are welcome to join us, as always.

KB - Glad you are going to make it!

Hutch - Not good! You can just barely get the boat in if you are careful. I am hoping that we will get some rain and raise the level up a little. It can be done but you have to be very careful. You can ask Tox as he had a tough time last week.

Not only hard to drop in (you have to rope launch) but even harder to load with a boatload of water:eek::eek: I had water up to within 1/2 inch of the batteries!! But that's another story.:wacko:

TOXIC

Well I guess since I have to haul Uncle Billy's sorry butt down I don't have an option....:lol: Just me remind KB that it's deer season in VA that weekend and he should leave his antlers at home. If Mr Hamilton would like to show Uncle Billy his side of the lake I could bring a buddy who would love to try the hot side.

Thanks for the invite.

BF

P.S I saw Gene's other post and you could always lay over here at my house and ride down with us, it would save you 3 hours each way and Uncle Billy don't bite he just likes to bark alot.....

Bruce - plenty of room in my back deck for Uncle Billy. If I can manage to launch it, I can even get the deck boat out so he's more comfy! Whaddya say, Uncle Billy?

Well I guess since I have to haul Uncle Billy's sorry butt down I don't have an option.... Just me remind KB that it's deer season in VA that weekend and he should leave his antlers at home. If Mr Hamilton would like to show Uncle Billy his side of the lake I could bring a buddy who would love to try the hot side.

P.S I saw Gene's other post and you could always lay over here at my house and ride down with us, it would save you 3 hours each way and Uncle Billy don't bite he just likes to bark alot.....

That's right Bruce, you HAVE to go:p Hey, two Bill's in the same boat could cause some sort of realignment of the planets with catastrophic results!

Bruce, you promised you wouldn't tell anyone about the(*^$W@W%^Y() barking!!!:angry:

Uncle Billy

Bruce - plenty of room in my back deck for Uncle Billy. If I can manage to launch it, I can even get the deck boat out so he's more comfy! Whaddya say, Uncle Billy?

I should read everything I guess before I answer anything.:rolleyes: Hey Jim, I'm the "please can I get a ride in a boat" beggar here! Anything except a Kayak or Canoe is ok with me. Understand I can't be a big help in launching anything though. I didn't know you had a deck boat or even what it is.:lol: Is that like the "Party Barges" I see cruising around? And you can really fish ok out of those? Can I bring my recliner?

Whatever we all decide is more than ok with me. I have to get busy and string some reels.:unsure:

It would sure be nice to get a great big turnout wouldn't it? I would love to put a face to the names I see here so I can forget them by the next year.;) I'd probably do that too except for Toxic..Who could EVER forget him?:blink:

Uncle Billy

Unca Billy - Deck boats HAVE recliners (either Barcoloungers or La-Z-Boys) on them! That's the whole idea. As comfortable as possible. You even have a choice of who you want to ride with. What a deal! Bruce - Bring your buddy as I am sure we will have plenty of seats open.

Unca Billy - Are you sure you want to put faces with names. It may spoil your entire outlook on life! Kinda like the notion I had that that you and Hutch, being Airborne, would have been 6 foot 4 inches tall looking like Daniel Craig from the latest James Bond movie with chiseled jaws and 22 in waistlines and what do I get? Daniel Craig look-a-likes with both of you! LOL

I know for a fact Bill Your worng on the waistlines try 22x2 LOL I will have a open back seat for you Uncle Billy I'll put my Airborne Flag on my rear light post LOL

Uncle Billy:

Here ya go! Let me know if you want to fish out of this!

LoweBoatStockPhoto.jpg

Unca Billy - Are you sure you want to put faces with names. It may spoil your entire outlook on life! Kinda like the notion I had that that you and Hutch, being Airborne, would have been 6 foot 4 inches tall

Bill, both Hutch and I were BOTH at least 6'4" before jumping out of those *&%$^##&*

planes!

Here ya go! Let me know if you want to fish out of this!

WoW! Now that's comfort on the water!:wub: I don't think all that is necessary though Jim, especially with the low water problems you all are having.

I really don't need my recliner with me because I will try to fish out of the well of any boat I'm on. My equalibrium is so messed up I like something around me..:blink:

Uncle Billy

Steve - I am sure that December 1st is the date as almost everyone has piped in for that date. Only one missing with be CIII (sorry dude).

I think we better put a caveat in here that if we don't get some rain Bill's ramp could be in pretty tricky condition. I had to back my tandems off the ramp over a week ago (and still no rain)to load and that was not due to me having a load of water in the rig. If we don't get some colder weather, the cold side will be just as warm!!:lol:

TOXIC

Sorry about my manners. Jim has offered up his place for those that may need to come over early before the Memorial. We have room for a few more who don't want to make the drive early on Saturday morning. Come on down early and we can have some Nindeno Wii contests. Strip your reels and respool or work on your tackle before the morning. Charge your batteries. Drink coffee. Go fish at night. Whatever!

I think we will get some rain in the next 6 weeks so I am not too worried about the boat ramp. I am going out this Friday and will let you know how tough it is. Air temps are going down from the 90s to the 60-70s so we may be getting the 'bite" on here real soon.

Not to worry about the low water and trying to launch. We had 40 ton of stone put in at the end of both ramps extending the ramps out at least an additional 20 feet. I launched this morning and took the truck out to the END of the concrete ramp with the trailer on the new stone. No problemo! We did both sides (hot and cold) so if anyone wants to prefish the Memorial just let me know.

CIII - Hot side is 80 degrees at dike 2. Mid 70s on the cold side. Passes are under the mat on front porch. Let me know when you are coming in case I can sneak away! Met one of your jarhead guys the other day; a MS Robert Soto who was heading up the '03 (?) rifle team when you all won. He told me to say hello! Hello!

Good to hear about the stone Bill! I should ask my HOA to do the same. I'm barely able to launch, although the water's come back up about six inches. Only way I could tell is that I don't have a dry dock any more - now its a "damp" dock! :D:D:D

Jim - The plant has opened a little water going through to allow a little more water on the hot side. There is a gentle current in canal 1 now and hopefully we will get the rain they are talking about for mid-week. Nice fish! I got skunked, but I didn't go out until around 11 and came back around 1 to watch the 'Skins get beat.

Bummer ont eh skin game....

NO way!! How did you run into him?? He is a good guy!!!

Not sure when i am goign to get out, but have soem leave I want to use and may use some there!!!

Soto was selling some equipment I wanted and he advertised int he Free Lance Star. Called and met him at this house and KNEW he was a 'neck' and we started chatting and talked about the rifle team.

Bill I will be there this year, I have missed the 1st 2 Annuals, but won't miss this one. That is if the date is in fact 1 Dec??? I'll be TAD to San Diego from the 13-16 and won't be back until the morning of the 17th. Looking forward to it!!

Latest posts

Back