The Funky Wiggle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Carlson

Reaction score
I've read discussions where people have made claims about better lure action with the original Senko vs some of the knock-offs. I decided to see for myself.

I tested a Senko, a BPS Stick-O, and a local brand from Bitter's. All three were approximately the same size, were tested with the same size/brand line, and each was rigged with a 4/0 worm hook. I dropped all three in to 5 feet of water in a pool. I watched the action and how long it took to reach bottom.

All three were about equal in terms of their ability to level off and begin to descend.

The BPS Stick-O is a little stiffer than the other two and had a little less action on the descent. It also took a longer to begin that funky wiggle. The Bitter's version and the Senko were about equal in the time to begin the wiggle.

The Bitter's had a little more action than either the Senko or the BPS.

The time differnce for the three to reach bottom was negligable. All three maintained horizontal position in the fall.

The pricing varies for these lures? The Senko and Stick-O are available from BassPro at

4.99 for a 20 pack of 5 3/8 inch Stick-Os (0.25 ea)

5.99 for a 10 pack of 5 inch Senkos (0.60 ea)

Bitter's sells their version at

5.00 for 16 5 3/8 inch (0.31 ea)

I don't know how much more, or less, durable one is over another, but my guess is that the BP Stick-O lasts longer.

Of couse my wife caught me out by the pool and commented again that I am truly a bass addict.

MM, that would be fun. There are side benefits too. Think of all the extra time I would have being divorced!

It is an interesting question and the big pools at BP could be used for such experiments. I think the bass would have to be rotated too as they would become conditioned.

Any, enough of this, I am going fishing right now.

Later.

Bear, none of the lures got even a nibble.

The water clarity was absolutely clear - maybe that had something to do with it. Maybe a thinner mono line for the pool?

Latest posts

Back