The Big Bay of Green Bay...Walleyes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
My partner and I had an "almost" great day... We were one more "kicker" fish short of a fantastice finish... 4 of our five Walleyes weighed 29lbs 2 ounces... our 5th fish was only 2lbs 8 ozs... Our total was 31lbs 10ozs.. Which got us 10th place (102 teams)... Had we had a 10+lb kicker (very possible) we could have won...1st was 38lbs 5 ozs and 2nd was 38Lbs exact. All of our other four were 6-9lbs... The competition was "tough"... THe conditions... well... we ran more than 10 miles for our fish and the lake was running about 3ft... rain and cold... All of our fish were on crawler harnesses trolled in 3-6 ft of water on a main lake reef...in cabbage weed.

Congrats Greg...31lbs of eye's is awesome in anyones book anyday.

BTW...With all this rain we have been getting I am about to drop the Nitro in my back yard and start flipping to my swingset! Did Green Bay get the same?

Corey

Corey,

A bit more and I'll "boat" over and join you... The mud line in Green Bay ran out 5 miles... They had opened the gates on the river to lower Buttes De Mort and Winneconne... Awesome run at 35mph in 3 to 4 footers... My legs hurt from the pounding!...

Those are some awesome walleyes, Greg! Congratulations! Now, how far down did they pay? Please tell me you were in the money!

Great Eyes Greg. I have a queston about walleye tournaments. What do they do with all the fillets... I mean fish after the tournaments? Are they in good enough shape to release?

My brother has a friend that recently moved to Green Bay and wants us to come up and fish walleyes. Would it be worth it in the summer?

fatrap

They have excelleny survival rates in the early tournaments... before July... After July, some of our tourneys have been three fish per team and it is a catch and kill.... In the catch and kills they have had a "production line of guys filleting them for veterans/senior homes... (neat to watch all those experts clean a few hundred fish in the blink of an eye...pun intended)

And, if your brother's friend knows where to fish. yes, it's a great place for eyes... If he doesn't I know how to hook you guys up with some great guides who will definitely put you on fish. BTW, it is pretty big water so long runs (10-15miles) and heavy seas 2-4footers)are the norm... It takes a really good deep-v to run safely in all conditions... No kidding, it can get really rough...

Latest posts

Back