Thanks Rob

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Hamer

Reaction score
Jut wanted to thank Rob, for the advice he gave via email in regard to approaching a new lake. It paid off. After using the advice you gave me. I will not be as intimidated as I was before when fishing new water.

I also wanted to thank those that gave me advice here on the board.

Da Hame

No problem, now go slam 'em! And remember on really big water, don't look at it ALL. Pick it apart a segment at a time. Makes it easier. Work one "area" a day. If you ever came up to Ontario, Erie, or Champlain, looked at the vastness, and then made it worse by picking up the 3 or 4 maps it takes to cover it all, it's overwhelming. It's like the old adage, "How do you eat an elephant" but instead it's one Bay at a time instead of bite. And remember, the true "gems" or hotspots, won't be on any map, you stumble across them (hopefull NOT with your lower unit!) LOL

Rob,

any advice figuring out a lake i fish all the time? It is only 1,100 acres....

E-mail me more info on the lake James. I'll do what I can. The small lakes are the best, they get less pressure, but 1100 acres is still good size. Ask Jim Moore, he has caught several toads out of a pond that you can only use a rowboat in. I have a small pond that I fish out of a 12' jon boat that is loaded with 5-7 lbers and you won't see but maybe 2 other boats the whole day and their fishing for perch.

i'll email ya. this lk gets a lot of pressure though. caught a 7.6 lm last yr which i'm proud of. just can't seem to locate and make them bite very consistently at all.

thanks,

jd

Latest posts

Back