Tattoos

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Ok guys, and gals of course. I am sitting here watching Miami Ink and just started wondering how many of you had tattoos? I think it's an interesting subject so how about sharing if you do or not, how many and of what? Now we know how Harpo got his name but I don't know about the rest.

Ok, I'll go first. (big sigh)...I'll tell after I see what you all say.:rolleyes: I am thinking about getting one of Iaconelli though...

Uncle Billy

I don't and never will have a tatoo. I would never do anything like that to ruin this near perfect and beautiful body of mine. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Uncle Billy have you lost your marbles? Why would you have ESPN placed on you. We need to have your meds checked.. I have never seen the show, they say it is real art and it is. But you are not going to paint it on me. Do what you want with your body, show what you want, I am fine with that. But don't expect me to hire you if you look like a pin cushion or a billboard. This is a free country and you can do as you wish and so can I.

I just choose not to.

BF

Bill I have many but here is the best one
DSC00008.JPG

How did I get my name?

Regarding tattoos....it's the one subject that I really become an old curmudgeon about. I hate them. That said, Oklahoma is the only state in the nation that outlaws tattoo parlors which I disagree with. I think if you want one and your drunk enough you should be able to get one in a clean place with some health precautions in place.

Bill, I'll have to e-mail you about the most interesting tattoo I ever saw...can't discribe it here.:rolleyes:

Harpo

I thought you got your name because of that Harpo Marx tattoo on your chest?:huh: Can't wait to see what you send......

I have two. Tigger on my left arm and a full moon with a wolf's face in it on the right. I also have a drawing of spinecrusher from Mac that I will be getting once I decide where. I want it on my forearm, but my company has a policy that they must not show, so that leaves back, chest or legs. Calf is my 2nd choice, but still debating.

Rich D

No big story really...my daddy gave me the Harp part...the kids on the playground gave me the "O". It really stuck when I worked at a stereo store back in the 70's. There were 3 guys named Larry that worked there. One was a black guy named Larry Fuggate so he was nicknamed "Fuggie", the other was Larry Woods so he was very un-creatively called "Woodsy" and I became "Harpo". That was all I had on my business cards and for years that's all many people knew me by. I always liked it better than L A R R Y, which always makes me think of the fat kid on "Leave it to Beaver".

That's the whole story. Sorry no tat's

Harpo

NONE!!!! dont even like shots....i'd never go have someon draw on me...

I have two, both tribals. One on my right arm and one one my right shoulder blade. Been looking to get a third for a while now.

I have three and as soon as Macdaddy is finished with the fine detail of a smally, I'll have four:D

I can say one thing...If your gonna' take the time and money to get one and your a first timer, then put it somewhere as to cover it like your upper arm,chest or some even do their legs(not for me). I can wear a short sleeve and you'll never know unless I tell you;)

My brother on the other hand looks like a comic book:lol: He really does have some great artwork:cool:

Have one a jumping Bass on my left arm. Thinking about a Walleye for my right or maybe Mac will let me use one of his ;)

I've been enough of a pin cushion during my military career without adding tattoos.

Some people just like the pain.:(

American Eagle, upper left arm. I was 18 and sober. Sailor Don's Tattoo parlor, Newport, RI, 1973, $20. Yeah, it hurt and bled :wacko:

First I agree with Harpo, if someone wants one, is over 18, no idiot politician should have any say.

I just have one, got it in college, I wanted the guys in the gym shower to know where I stood

images

Two questions I hate: You have tattoos, did they hurt? and You have a jeep, is it cold?

Yes it hurt. Some guy punctured my arm thousands of times with tiny needles, there was pain involved.

I am driving around in a tent on wheels, yes it is cold when I get in but so is every vehicle, I also have a heater that works just like your car.

Rich D

:eek: OHMYGOD!! It's going to take years of therapy to get that image out of my brain.

:lol:Harpo

I have 2 both Black Panthers, one on each arm, from when I was a young lad in the USN.

Jaws

Yes 1 on left forearm USMC got in Hong kong in 1963 when I was ayoung marine

JD

I want one of Mac's smallies with a bis orange power T on it's side. That would combine two of my favorites things, University of Tennessee sports and smallie fishing!!!

Steve

None

It's harder for anyone to I.D. you when you have no indentifing tatoo's or scars.

fatrap

I have 2 currently and am planning 2 more. The first is a phoenix rising from a burning bridge to signify the end of a bad time in my life and is on my right shoulder. Part of this one is my avatar.

The second is a dragon with his arms clutching a heart and his wrings wrapped around himself. This is my artwork and is the protector of my heart. He is on my left breast.

I am planning 2 more and have asked both of my kids to draw them as they are talented artists. I may do one more after that, not sure.

I always said that I wanted a tattoo, but had never found anything I wanted on my body forever. I am very happy with the ones I have as they have deep meaning for me, as will my future ones.

None for me. How many of you have body piercings? None of those here either.

Just to let people know that regardles of how colorful and pretty a tatoo is when you get it it just turns to a black blob after awhile I got mine in 1963 and it is now a blob

JD

OK I ReALY don't have any Tatoo's or body piercings. Its just not my thing.

Not necessarily true JD....First of all the inks used today last alot longer and if your not out in the sun alot..it's makes a difference also.

Now if you get alot of dark colors with alot of detail...they may meld together in the future but, maintaining them is just as important.

You could get a tatoo that would work Trep........."Mom":lol:

He Trep ! That doesn't say FUN HOLE!:eek::lol:

MARK

none yet but would like to some day...maybe something from mac :cool:,

Trep,:lol: ummm what kind of college did you go to :unsure:

yosimite sam on the other side saying BACK OFF would be funny too:lol:

Steve

Steve - Purdue - Where Men are Men, and Sheep are NERVOUS!!!

Sue, that dragon sounds interesting. Ahh....how 'bout a picture.;)

None tatoos here, I've never seen any picture I want to look at for the rest of my life. I do watch the show once in a while. It is neat how many tatoo's have very deep meaning for the person wearing it.

Gene

Gene,

Sure, I'll post a pic, but you may be disappointed.....;)

Hey Sue, we're MEN, any breast is NEVER a disapointment!!! Just remember Rich's posting requirements!! LOL

I have 2. A heart on my right arm with my wife's name in a banner.

A motorcycle and an american flag on my left arm,with an inscription in memory of my nephew who was killed on his bike 4 years ago.

Ok, I've only got one, a bald eagle on my upper left arm.. I wanted a 101st. Screaming Eagle but when drawn up I knew that wouldn't look good. I got this tattoo about six weeks. Almost 58 years old and going through a second childhood.:) I never understood why people did this to themselves but I kinda always wanted one. I just thought it was about time.

And yes, IT HURTS! But after a few minutes the endorphines kick in and it's not so bad. I want to get an American Flag added to it as a back ground.

Uncle Billy

Bill - Did you say you got it 6 WEEKS AGO?? Did Nancy approve?? LOL

Ken - I thought you had a penny on yours!! !LOL

Nope....it's an exact replica of a Hundred Dollar Bill.

I got it for 3reasons:

1. I like to hang onto my money

2. I like to watch my money grow

3. Next time the wife wants to go blow a hundred bucks, she can come see me first!!! :lol::p:lol:

Bwahahahahahahaahahahah:lol::lol::lol:

Trep, believe it or not, and I hesitate to tell, Nancy got one too......

Touching on Ken's subject (not literaly), a buddy of mine who has full sleeves and his whole back covered, has a tattoo of a fly, on the end of his,,,well,,,fly. :eek:

Just about all my buddies have them, but I have never had anything really strike out to me enough to get it permantly inked onto my body. Maybe someday though.

Steve

For those who may be interested....hope you're not too disappointed...

Dragon color.JPG

Aw man, that's your shoulder. I am disapointed.:p Kinda cool though.

Gene

So now I gotta think about a 2nd career - Tatoo artist specializing in females only!!! Then i'll start a 3rd career as a body piercer for females!!! LOL

Bill,

No, 3 sittings. My phownix is larger and was done all at the same time though. And didn't hurt as much....

Latest posts

Back