steering wheel removal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the steering wheel on a TV-18? I'm trying to center it with the motor, but can't figure out how to pull it off. I took off the nut, but there seems to be more to it.

Bruce-

Mine was not centered when new...

However, the dealer fixed it...

sorry, no help

az

Bruce, you need a steering wheel puller to do it. most likley you wont be able to center it anyway because the wheel and shaft are keyed to go on only one way. On rotary systems there is a way to adjust it by removing the cable and reinstalling it a special way but i dont know the procedure. I dont think i have ever seen a boat where the wheel is centered while under way.

You can unbolt the helm from the rack and position it any way you want.Took 15 minutes.Tried the steering wheel removal But its keyed on and none of the places that lined up with the key would line up with the motor.I have rack and pinion helm.Has four bolts on top.Just back them out put the steering wheel where you want it and retighen bolts.

Latest posts

Back