St Clair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Hey has anyone fished Lake St Clair in the last year or two. What should I expect in August? Any help will do. I have a club tourny there and am not used to fishing water like this.

Thanks guys and gals!

I have visited there. Make sure to bring your cold WX gear, August is just slightly warmer winter there.....

Ken Your Funny. Even I have fished it a time or two.. Randy there is a whole crew that live near St Clair and I am sure they will help when the time gets shorter. Right now it's probably froze solid.

BF

I've fished it twice with Ken. There are no bass in the lake, only drum.

Gene
Image005a.jpg

Randy, don't you be fishin' my **** !!

Mac, I can always count on you for an ego boost. If only it were true!

Keep having fun at my expense....:)

I will be sight fishing on Toho in an hour!

Mini

Mini,

We always ahve fun at your expense, thanks man!!!

Carlos

PS Enjoy the warm. Illinois is not so warm....uugghhh

Hey Ken, how do you like that Tournament V 18?

I just bought one and will pidk it up this March 12.

Randy-

That is Marke's TV-18...Ken was just using it to fish Mini's ****.

You'll love the boat...best tin on the water!

What engine did you go with?

az

boat4.JPG

Trep, if you had seen the water earlier int eh day of the "bouy" picture, I bet you would not have said that HAHAHAHA

Not too much was ruling that day, other then the BIG water!!

Randy,

What launch is your club going out of? St. Clair gets rough in August with all the pleaure boats. Your TV-18 can hangle the rough water but it's not a real fun ride.....No bass boat is a fun ride on St. Clair.

Depending on what ramp you use, I can direct you to areas of the lake that have good bass fishing and reletivley light boat traffic.

Marke

Randy-

As you said...it's the catching fish that matters! LOL

I get about 38-40 mph with the 90hp...

I'm betting you'll LOVE that opti on the back!

az

az

I have been told that the OPTI is the way to go and with gas at $2.00 plus I thought the extra cost now was worth it.

What year is Marke's boat?

Mine is an 01' with a 90hp. I used to get 38-40 like Andy but I'm running a refurbished prop so I get 35 to 37 mph.

You put you money in the right places. That Opti will be sweet and you'll the 74lb Minkota. I got a great deal on a 65lb Maxxuum last year and it's much better than the 54lb Motor guide that came with it. I have 4 batteries in my boat too so don't worry the the space.

Marke

Latest posts

Back