So...what exactly happened to Byron Velvick?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Anybody know?

Bassfan said something like he was pinned between his truck and his boat????

Suffered contusions on his leg...had to fish sitting down and take pain killers and anti-inflamatories....

So...what exactly happened???

How do you go about getting between your truck and your boat?

az

I read that too,.....the only thing I can figure is he was trying to hook it up while the boat was on a slight incline and somehow he got his leg pinched between the hitch and the trailer tongue?!...I'm sure whatever happened, it hurt like @#~$!!:blink::angry:

I think you can read about it on the Bassmaster website ... but basically another pro (don't remember who) was over helping him get ready in the morning and Byron was inside while he thought the other guy was hooking up his boat ... Byron came out, other guy went in and Byron when to move boat and trailer down the drive ... boat came unhooked or was never hooked or something and started rolling, Byron jumped out to try and stop it from hitting the truck and/or the camper in the drive of the other pro (wife and kid sleeping in it maybe?) and was pinned between the trailer and truck. Tried to get out, but couldn't get out and had to wait 5 or maybe more minutes before someone found him ... then they had to chock the trailer tires and pull the truck ahead to free him.

I think I have the details somewhat correct, but I couldn't find the article on the site ... I'm sure it's there somewhere.

That's basically the story. Here's the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/news/story?id=2791630

I think he was looking at himself in the truck mirror and trying to figure out why he was fishing with the big boys and his 55 gallon drum of hair gel rolled off the porch and pinned him?

actually, it was a swimbait the size of a truck that fell out the back and pinned him to the boat.

Latest posts

Back