Smooth Ride...Rough Start

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Took the new Goodyear Marathons on their maden road trip yesterday. As soon as I got on the freeway I thought, "these tires don't ride any better than my old cupped up bias plys". As I drove along I got on a section of elevated interstate that has expantion joints spaced at regular intervals that got the boat trailer bouncing like a bean can on a string. Thinking this can't be right, I stopped at a Love's truck stop. Couldn't find my tire guage anywhere (later found out it was in my wife's car) so I buy a tire guage and find out that the guy at Wal-Mart that mounted the tires had only inflated them to 30 lbs. No wonder they were bouncing around, heck grandma's Cadillac gets more tire pressure than that. So, I air up both tires plus the spare to the proper 50 lbs. and take off. WOW! What a differance. I never thought that trailer tires could make that much differance. I highly reccomend Goodyear Marathons....inflated to the proper pressure of course.

Harpo

They're suspose to bounce Harpo. How you expect the soda cans in your cooler to blow up if your not bouncing.

I put Marathon's on my trailer several years ago, I like em.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back