Side Swiped by a Pontoon Boat!!! In my Truck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Last night I was entering the BPS parking lot on my way to work. A storm blew in and it started hailing. I had no idea of the strom's intensity so as I pulled up to a row of new pontoon boats sitting on trailers and all hell broke loose. The pontoon next to me started moving and before I could pull out it put a crease in my Super Duty's pick up box. Then boat then went airborne and fell back on it's motor's lower unit and broke off the skagg. A couple more pontoons headed down the lot and piled up across the drive way. Shopping carts flew by and smashed into parked cars and many cars lost their windows and suffered hail and flying debris damage. I'm driving around the lot dodging $#it left and right. Then it poured rain. About two inches in a half hour.

Finally made it into the building and the roof was leaking, the air was out and other damage to the building was being surveyed.

About a mile away a couple kids were killed when a tree fell on their car. The Qwest building across the river lost part of its roof. Many parts of the city are without power. Trees are down everwhere.

Now I'm heading in to work again with some pics of my truck to give to the manager. Hopefully BPS will pay to get it fixed.

Flying fatrap

:eek::eek::eek: Jeeze man. It should be covered under the store's policy....I think....you know thy all have that "act of God" clause!!

TOXIC

Yes officer, I was just sitting here minding my own business, and out of nowhere this pontoon boat came up and sideswiped me.:blink:

Yes officer, I was just sitting here minding my own business, and out of nowhere this pontoon boat came up and sideswiped me.
Darn thing must have been drunk?!?!

Geeezzz fatrap, if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all.:( Of course BPS is going to pay for it. I don't believe an "act of God" defense would stand in this case. BPS should have had those trailers anchored so they couldn't get loose. The people with damaged cars due to the loose shopping carts would get paid also.

It's a darn shame about those kids in the car getting killed though.:( Material things can be replaced or fixed. They can't be.

Uncle Billy

BPS is going with the "Act of God" clause. So it's on my dime. We lost our power again due to storms and I cranked up the Honda generator. We have many many acres of ruined corn and bean crops. Towns that are still flooded. Needles to say I haven't been fishing since coming back from South Dakoa.

fatrap

You might pursue their negligence in not properly tying down the boats but it's usually a trade off if you are employed there. You might also send a request to Springfield to see what corporate has to say.

Tornado it was pretty clear to me that the subject was to be dropped. Thanks for the suggestion.

fatrap

Thanks Carlos

Again the dime is on me this time I guess. I could have ended up under the pontoon.:)

fatrap

Turn it in to your insurance company and let them decide to go after Bass Pro or not.Good luck, Chris F.

Technically you were parked so your comp should cover it I would think.

Gene

Latest posts

Back