Shameless

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Elkins

Reaction score
OK how many out there are shameless enough to admit to falling for and purchasing from an

Years ago I ordered the Flying Lure...I still have the kit, but have never once thrown them!!!

Must say I have NEVER bought anything from an infomercial....does the Ronco Pocketfisher count?

sorry...Ronco Pocket Fisherman......must be Corona withdrawls...or citrus fruit...nahhhh..it's the Coronas!

I bought Roland Martins Helicopter lure, threw it once and returned it for my $$$ back

Nope, never. After getting the cold shoulder from Roland at the 1st BASS event on Champlain (where he won) I asked out loud how many times he threw the helicopter. Roland doesn't like me now! Go figure. He probably doesn't even remember, but I do!

hahaha...I don't need any more NADS,.....got all i need now!! and I'm very proud to say I've never fallen for any of that stuff on tv,....but of all the ones i've seen...that true motion lure does look like the best of the lot,....i'd try one if i was out of limes and the 'trap bite was on!!! ahahah

At a boatshow, a large crowd surrounded a guy giving a demonstration of a new lure that would actually go backwards once you cast it. He said it was the perfect lure for working under boat docks and overhanging trees. I thought to myself what dumb BH would buy those. When his pitch was over he asked the crowd who wanted to buy some. Someone up front motioned and the salesman said, "Two for this young fellow" and he handed two lures to someone who in turn handed the guy $5. I kept watching as the customer left the stage area and worked his way through the crowd. All of a sudden this handsome young boy came through the crowd carrying some of these ugly lures shouting, "dad look at the neat lures I just got." Those lures only caught my son.

Bear

I can say I did get caught by the Terminator Spinnerbait, well convinced my wife to get me a package. I was in the mood for a few spinnerbaits anyway so I figured why not. Have caught some but I did like the snap back titainum, it works just like they said it would!

My father-in-law is the KING of TV lures. Everytime we head to Canada he has the latest one (Flying lure, Helicopter) Always hands a bunch out to his boys and I, we say "thanks Dad" and put them in the bottom of the tackle box. Have not seen one person catch a thing on any of them.

Ya'know Trep,...I never viewed the Terminator spinnerbait as a "gimmick",..that was a way to incorporate a new material into a bait that was notorious for breaking and becoming out of tune etc. After Titanium became cheaper to buy, and easier to manufacture baits with,...the price dropped dramatically!! But the Titan spinnerbaits that BPS makes/sells is basically the same thing as the terminators for $3 LESS a copy!! There's "gimmicks"..and then there's "great ideas!!"...I think any titanium wire spinnerbait is a great idea!! But the flying lures and the helicopter lures,....yeah..they're gimmicks. Just my opinion anyway!!

Have a guy in our scout group who can't turn down any lure he sees advertised on TV. This is the best one: (follow closely, it gets complicated)

It's basically a clear plastic fish with a rubber tail. Inside the fish is a watch battery, some circuitry, a couple of lights and some kind of small, spring wound winch and a string (like a pull string on a doll). The split ring for your line is attached to the string.

Oh, yeah, and a single treble hook.

When you cast out, the string is pulled off of the winch through the nose of the lure (about 6 inches worth). The lure hits the water and completes an electrical circuit, which causes the lights to blink. As the winch re-winds itself, it drives a few gears that make the tail wiggle back and forth.

The lights and the wigglin' tail drive the fish crazy and they attack the lure.

The ultimate sparklier bassus lure!

A winch comes outta it's nose? Electrical tail wigglin'?

Gotta get one!!!!

Sorry, I think it was a one-of-a-kind. After that first fishless day on the lake, he threw it down on the bank and dropped a big ol' rock on it.

Oh, and in keeping with the original intent of this thread, I do have The Flyin' Lur.

It was deadly on a couple of really dumb smallmouth and rock bass hiding in a root wad on the Big River, but not worth what I paid for it.

Mac - BUT I did find out about it on TV, that's the link! To save $$ we don't have a TV Satellite or Cable so I don't get TNN/ESPN/ESPN2 to get my fill of fishing shows. We've got the basic cable so the kids can watch PBS clearly, but thats it. So the "infomercials" are my only chance to watch fishing on TV. Or...

You know when Trep has cabin fever:

Noah (my 4 yearold) "Dad can we watch a video"

Trep "Sure, let's go look in the closet and pick one out"

Noah "how about Toy Story"

Trep "Naw, what else?"

Noah "Bugs Life"

Trep "Naw, what else?"

Noah "Real Life Construction Machines"

Trep "Naw, what else?"

Noah "Boats, Ships and other Water Craft"

Trep "Close, but naw!"

Noah "Well what do you want to watch Dad?"

Trep "How about Bill Dance: How to fish deep water structure!!"

Noah-..."Dad,...we watch that EVERY day and it still doesn't help!!,...how 'bout Titanic?!"

LOL

Mac...got to tell ya...you're always good for a deep belly laugh a day!!

Yea Da Bear, my son fell for the same lures. Got them at a boat show like yours! Tried them once and they never worked, I don't know what he did with them.

LOL...thanks Barb,...i'm a firm believer in "Laughter is the BEST medicine!"....you should see us when we all get together,...Ken, & Mini, and a bunch of us at shows and in-stores and stuff....it's brutal!!

It's funnier than a naked turtle in a Michigan snowstorm.

I knew that turtle was going to be bad news....well let's see how often it pops up in the next few months!

'Bout as often as

Neeley for Prez &

Dem bassus luv sparkles!

Guys who go "commando" often suffer from the "Curse of the naked turtle!".....

Mac....stop, I just had breakfast and you going commando AND turtling is just TOO much.

Hey,..I never said I was going "commando"....I'm just relaying what I've been told,......I think Clinton was the first to make that discovery!!! LOL

In a previous post, you did say you couldn't get your panties in a bunch cause you go commando...

Now be a good VEEP running mate and deny everything.

Latest posts

Back