Seats flipping up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Several times someone has sat on the front edge of my Z6 seats and they flipped up causing them to loose their balance and slip off. I'm worried someone will step on the seat wrong and they will get hurt when it flips up. Anyone have a fix for this? I really don't even know why they flip up.

Thanks

Bill

This is how I fixed the problem. I bought 2 flat bars from HomeDepot 2'' wide x 1/4'' think by I think about 5' long. I removed the center seat and flipped both outside seats up. Then I screwed the bars to the bottom of the outside seats. Now both seats are kind of connected together. When you lock down the bottom of the middle seats it will not allow the outside seats to flip up because the bars are locked under the center seat. Does this make any sense? What motor do you have on the Z6?

I never had anyone fall from sitting on the front edge when I had my Z6 but the only convenient way to get on the back deck was to step on the seat. Had a couple people bust their a*** doing that. I just warned them when they got in the boat to be careful. The Z7 seats do the same thing but the 7 has steps so you don't have to step on the seat. Someone here removed the center seat and made a step out of it. But to answer your question, no, I saw no real way to fasten the rear of the seat down.

John posted while I was typing, That would make it somewhat more secure.

Thanks John I'm going to do that tomorrow. How does the center seat bottom come out? I have a 115 Opti on my Z6.

The center seat has 2 thumb screws that face the front of the boat, no tools needed.

JimmyE I am the guilty party, I took my middle seat out of my Z-7. The 2008's did not have steps in between the seats. Still re-designing the step! On my second or third version. Pics on bassboatcentral's Nitro forum. Is that okay to say??

Latest posts

Back