Rounding up bass boats to go "hunting"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
OK... I've been reading about the Somali pirates for a while now, and for the last two days regarding them holding an American hostage. I'm not busy this weekend. Anyone want to join me? Lets go hunting! :lol::lol::lol:

Man... I hope this goes well for that Captain. After he is safely back in our hands... I hope the US Navy gets some target practice before these scumbags get away. :angry:

This has to stop! Wish I could actually do something about the situation myself... but I don't think my boat would get me there, even with the Optimax sipping fuel... :p

All the best,

Glenn

the words "US Navy" and "Negotiating with Pirates" in the same sentence just doesnt sit well. I hope the captain is returned safely, then all guarantees waived.

My wife was asking me about the Seals today. "Why don't they just swim up underneath the life-raft, shoot the pirates, and save the Captain?" I couldn't answer.... sounded like a good plan to me! :lol: But then again, I ain't a Seal either. It's probably much more difficult and dangerous than the way she was thinking. Still... sounded like a good plan to me.

All the best,

Glenn

I'm in wherever Carlos goes... And, I'll cover his 6 anytime...;)

I think they are going to have to arm the crews of these ships with automatic weapons. If they can do it for airline pilots, get em' trained and armed. The only draw back to this would mean there will be a deadly outcome no matter who wins the shoot out.

Your Thoughts?

Izzi

Did somebody say hunting? Us Cajuns like to hunt, sha! Let me know when and where and I'll get Boudreaux and Thibodeaux and the gang and we'll meet ya!

Barry from La.:D

"I think we're going to need a bigger boat...." :lol::lol::lol:

Glad to see so many that feel the same way. I'd proudly welcome every one of you to the flotilla.

Barry,

Are you guys coming in Pirouges, Jon Boats with Go Devils, or Air Boats? :lol::lol::lol: I've ridden in all of them while growing up in LA.

thedragon,

Unfortunately, there are some legal problems with arming the ships. Arming the crew though... I'm not familiar with the legality of that. I heard rumor that our elected officials are pushing to not renew our pilots training / authorization to carry. I can't remember which gun site I read it on, but there was a link to a news article talking about the pilots being pissed that it was being discussed.

Well Glenn you have to figure "something is working let's screw it up" mentality in Washington is heavily influenced by plenty of bleeding hearts and they don't want the terrorists to get hurt by the pilots. LOl:lol:

We are Americans we have to NEGOTIATE.......Blow hell out of them Is my Answer.....Need to make up for that Black Hawk

Been looking for some bigger targets to use my new Jet Ski torpedo launcher on??:lol:

This reminds me of a "transcript" I once read of Air traffic control conversations between a USAF F18 pilot on his way to Bahrain and Iranian Defense radar operator, The gist of the conversation was a warning to get out of Iranian airspace or face their air power, the USAF fighter jockey replied something like "send em, I'll wait".

do the guys from Blackwater possibly have new clients? over the weekend I saw a reporter talking about why its a bad idea to arm untrained private sailors on these ships. Besides everything potentially wrong with that opinion, there are plenty of ways to put trained bodies on board.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/04/13/somalia.pirates.revenge/index.html

Pondscum,

If it's an F-18, it was either Navy or Marines.

USAF pilots are flying F-16's and A-10's over there. Not sure if they have any F-15's over there, but definitely no USAF pilots flying F-18's.

All the best,

Glenn

thanks.. It was a while ago and I dont have that deep of knowledge. good to know.

No problem. I'm retired Navy, and I work on an Air Force base now as a Defense Contractor. On a daily basis, some little joke starts between Navy, Marines, Air Force or Army in some way shape or form.

My all time favorite was when the Blue Angels came to Lackland AFB. The Blues and the Thunderbirds make the rounds, so it could have been either one flying - but I happened to know ahead of time that the Blues were practicing. I was coming back from lunch and three junior USAF enlisted bubbas were walking back to the building as well. A Blue Angel jet came screaming overhead and banked sharply - practicing manuevers for the next day I guess. Just then, one of the Airmen asked "Is that the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels?" "Blues" I replied. "How do you know?" asked another. "Because they can actually fly" I replied. :lol::lol::lol: Looked over my shoulder to see three smirking Airmen and two USAF pilots that started grinning as the older one of the two flipped me the bird. "You got a license to fly that thing?" I replied. "Navy" said the other one.... "gotta be prior Navy". I got a chuckle out of it, and they both smacked me on the shoulders pretty firmly just as we were walking into the building. I won't write what they whispered to me then... This is a family site, right? :lol:

I meant you absolutely no offense in correcting the statement. I just couldn't let the "USAF F18 pilot" statement stay without saying something to correct it. They would take my Navy Man Card away! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back