Replacement Trailer Lights on 2000 Nitro 175 sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike daniels

Reaction score
Yes another question about my 175 sport. :p

I noticed that some of the little side-of-the-trailer lights are out (yellow on one side and a red one on the other.) These are not the rear brake lights but the little side lights on the trailer.

Is there a way to replace the bulb in these guys or is it sealed and you replace the entire assembly?

If I can change just the bulb, where do I get them and what type are they?

thanks

Need Pics of the lights. They are all not the same. Some have bulbs, some are sealed units. They are both for sale almost anywhere. Need to see what you are working with.

BF

Those look like bulb equipped lights. The covers pop off and the bulbs are pushed into the socket. Kind of like Christmas tree bulbs. Any auto parts store should carry them.

Don't be so quick Jimbo!!:lol: Those look like the lights on my 929's trailer and they are sealed with 2 prongs on the light fixtre itself...it snaps out of a bracket and you snap in a new assembly. I have to get mine at a trailer store because most places don't carry them. I'll try to find a pic....

TOXIC

on edit....found the link...no bulb replacement in mine...
http://www.easternmarine.com/WESBAR-Amber-Clearance-Side-Marker-Light-3292/

Mine on my 2000 700lx trailer is the one's Tox mentions, I have replaced 2 of them over the years, cheap and easy to replace.

If they go into the water, they are most likely sealed lights. I am in the middle of replacing some of mine right now. Like what was already said, you can go into just about any store and they would have them - Walmart, auto parts stores, BPS, etc. Inexpensive (around $5 or $6 each) and easy to replace.

Mike, again I have the same boat trailer as you (mine's a 2001). See my library, I believe you'll see the side marker lights you're speaking of.

The lights are two types on my trailer. The submersables below the transom, bottom rear of the trailer and the forward ones by the tongue sit on tubular rails with no access except to pop the lens. They are notched for this. The side marker lights near the wheel fenders have a small bolt that can be accessed behind the rail Both can be easilly replaced but have two types of access.

side marker light 001.jpg
side marker light 001.jpg

side marker light 002.jpg

side marker light.jpg

Learnin a lot from you Firedog. Appreciate you sharing.

When you say easily replaced do you mean that they can be opened and the bulb replaced or buy a new light and replate the whole thing?

Are those bulbe avalaible at autozone?

Mike, I really don't know about bulb replacement or whole thing. Mine (knock on wood), have never burned out in almost 10 years. I really don't want to pop the lense until I have to. I have however replaced both tailights @ 2 years ago with LED's. I love them and they're guaranteed for 10,000 hours!

Latest posts

Back